Specwar A2 mount?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

AKDOC
Silent Operator

Specwar A2 mount?

Post by AKDOC »

Anybody know where I can get one of these still. I would love to have one pinned on my 14.5 Ar as I like the A2 style look. Are these still compatible with new specwar cans? Did they make these any large numbers?
AKDOC
Silent Operator

Re: Specwar A2 mount?

Post by AKDOC »

Anybody? Just thought I would bump this one time because my internet searching has not been fruitful.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Best to post this question on the Silencerco thread.

Perhaps I've been behind the door ... but have not seen a Specwar mount for an A2 flash hider.

The KAC QDSS-NT4 used a flash hider that was similar but different that the standard A2 FH. Rather different than the Specwar mounting system.
BigWonton

Post by BigWonton »

eastern_hunter wrote:Best to post this question on the Silencerco thread.

Perhaps I've been behind the door ... but have not seen a Specwar mount for an A2 flash hider.
You can see it in this Silencer Shop video

I'm not sure if any of them made it out, but I'd be interested in a few if Silencerco ever decided to produce them.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Looks like a standard Specwar thread on rear with the nose built as an A2. Can mounts to the rear threaded portion of the barrel fixture. Probably an early test done to compare the effectiveness of the Trifecta FH versus the A2 FH as the A2 is well respected for it's effectiveness as a FH.