NEW MEMBER TO FORUM

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Sempervigilans

NEW MEMBER TO FORUM

Post by Sempervigilans »

Evening, all...I've been shooting, training, learning about guns for many years but just recently started a new job selling firearms and wares for an FFL with a class 3. I'm just coming out to see what kind of information I can pick up. I have very little working knowledge about suppressors and all the manufacturers that put them out. Thanks in advance, for having me.
srs
Silent Operator

Re: NEW MEMBER TO FORUM

Post by srs »

Welcome. You might want to fill out some of the profile information so we know a little more about you and where you are from.

Most folks here are friendly and helpful, so if you do run across one that is less so - remember that the ratio is much better here than many forums.

There is tons of info here, it will just take you a while to read and digest it. I doubt I have been able to read 10% of the good stuff yet. I keep plodding along.

-Steve
GUNHEEP

Re: NEW MEMBER TO FORUM

Post by GUNHEEP »

Hello
I am in the same situation as you are...class2/sot...i am a flash & big bang kind-of-guy...not much of the silent type...never was...so i found this site and another for help...received some help from a couple of guys..but that was it...so here is what i did..i couldn't register on silencer forum.com because they never sent me an email confirmation to complete registration...but i was able to use the site for suppressor performance data, which was helpful...i then did research on the suppressor companies i was interested in...
AAC
SILENCERCO
THUNDERBEAST
AWC
GEMTECH
YANKEE HILL
LIBERTY
TACTICAL INOVATIONS
HUNTERTOWN

after i narrowed it down to the first three for my reasons were.

QUIET
FRP (first round pop)
durability
Size
Full auto ability

I started to watch ALOT of youtube videos..then made my decision on the Advanced Armament Element 2 suppressor for my ruger sr22 pistol...now i have to wait and see if i made the right choice... I do not plan on shooting it on full auto..was not my intention..if it was the Silencerco Spectre 22 would have been my choice..built like a tank...has a slight higher FRP verses the element 2.. And is only a few db's louder than the element..but is the best for full auto use...
The thunderbeast from what i was ablt to tell in all the videos was the quietest..but i do not like the fact that i can not take it apart...there is no such thing as never need cleaning as it is advertized...thunderbeast may have got that idea from the guy who came up with greaseless ball joints..i grease my balls...Joints

Hope this helps
Merry Christmas
Andy