Specwar or Recce 7 ?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Specwar or Recce 7 ?

Post by quiettime »

These are the two cans that Silencer Shop recommended to me. Specwar is awesome quiet from everything I've seen, but it seems like it's a little heavy @ 24oz.

Recce 7 comes in a little under 21oz so it's lighter but not that much...and I can find very little about it, sound tests etc.

Right now leaning a little more toward the Specwar

Input?
bnanaphone

Re: Specwar or Recce 7 ?

Post by bnanaphone »

I only have experience with the Specwar, so I am biased. I have been using it on an LMT MWS, SPR A1 and a BCM 11.5" guns. It is great on all platforms with excellent sound attenuation. I do like the ASR attachment system and it locks up nice and tight. Yes, it is long at 9" and heavy at 24 oz but that doesn't matter much on my two heavy .308 rifles, which I mostly shoot prone. The weight is very noticeable on my SBR, which is why I just ordered the Specwar K 556. It is doable on the SBR but I fatigue faster which affects my ability to shoot accurately while standing.

Regarding accuracy and POI shift, I have found the Specwar has very little shift when mounted to any of my host rifles. I have not actually measured the exact POA/POI shift. Additionally, my groups are just a bit tighter with the silencer than without it.

Ultimately, I am thrilled with the performance of the Specwar and highly recommend one.

Sorry to have 0 experience with the Recce 7.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Correction, Recce 7 is supposed to be 19oz.

5oz is big to me, but Just not sure I want to be a $900 Guinea pig...maybe I'll drag out the magic 8 ball.. :lol:

Wish I could get both...
bnanaphone

Post by bnanaphone »

What hosts will this silencer be used on? What is more important, length, weight, overall suppression, cost, portability? Think realistically how it will be used and that should help narrow down your decision.

Depending on your hosts, the Specwar is rated for the following calibers and minimum barrel lengths:
7"- 5.56, 6.8SPC, .300blk
12"- .308 and other standard calibers
20"- Magnum calibers up to .300RUM
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

bnanaphone wrote:What hosts will this silencer be used on? What is more important, length, weight, overall suppression, cost, portability? Think realistically how it will be used and that should help narrow down your decision.
8.2 Noveske and 16" Wilson 300 Blk and possibly limited use on a 16" Grendel. I'll be hunting with it next season as long as I get approved.

My friend has a YHM Phantom which is way too heavy at 28oz. Would like something noticeably lighter
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Gonna be a guinea pig, placed an order for the Recce 7. Will update in a few months.