Ohio Governor Signs Suppessor Hunting Bill

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Louis
Silent Operator

Ohio Governor Signs Suppessor Hunting Bill

Post by Louis »

I was invited to the signing of H.B.234 by the Governor. The bill to allow hunting with suppressors. Representative Grossman explained to me that the bill turned into a "Christmas Tree" bill. That is a bill so nice and easy that everyone adds stuff to it. You will be able to legally put that high capacity magazine in your firearm. The 31 round limit is gone. There will be less class time for CCW. There will be mandatory prison time for gun crimes. And alot of other good things for gunowners.The suppressor part of the bill is only 1 paragraph. The entire bill is over 130 pages. Massive bill.

WARNING: SOP is that the bill will not take efffect for 90 days. So until the end of March no hunting or over 31 round magazines.
Last edited by Louis on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."- John Galt("Atlas Shrugged"-Ayn Rand)
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ohio Governor Signs Suppessor Hunting Bill

Post by curtistactical »

Excellent news!
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I've been patiently waiting for this to happen! Very excited. I will say from my understanding, you could possess the 31+ round magazines they just couldn't be inserted into a firearm so now, your right, there is no official or technical magazine limit in Ohio. Can't wait to get out, find a marlin 1894C and get it threaded!
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

Congrats to all the gunowners and organizations in Ohio who worked to make this Bill come to fruition. Your efforts have paid off to the benefit of all the people of Ohio.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
plumber576
Silent Operator

Post by plumber576 »

Ookster
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ookster »

It also has a "shall sign" provision for CLEO sign off. This is the part that I'm most excited about, especially with ATF 41P looming. I'm in a county with an allegedly pro-gun conservative sheriff who refuses to sign because he doesn't think people need silencers or MGs. With 41P looking to require CLEO sign off for trusts and corps, I thought my days of NFA toys might be coming to an end.

Kasich and the sponsors of the bill deserve a huge thumbs up!
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

The effective date fo the changes to the laws covered by HB 234 is March 23, 2015. Here is the link http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou130.n ... enDocument
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."- John Galt("Atlas Shrugged"-Ayn Rand)
jeepjon
Silent Operator

Post by jeepjon »

This also added a "shall sign" for CLEOs.
Louis
Silent Operator

Post by Louis »

That should make it interesting. The Franklin county sheriff has historically been a major speed bump.