Surefire Ryder 9-Ti

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Fred Ziffle

Surefire Ryder 9-Ti

Post by Fred Ziffle »

RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Surefire Ryder 9-Ti

Post by RPM509 »

I wonder if this is a typo
"Federal 147 Hydra Shock 131 dB
Federal 124 FMJ American Eagle 131dB"

No difference between subs and high velocity ammo?

Interested to hear from eventual owners and their real world experience
with these, once they start hitting the streets.
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

RPM509 wrote:I wonder if this is a typo
"Federal 147 Hydra Shock 131 dB
Federal 124 FMJ American Eagle 131dB"

No difference between subs and high velocity ammo?

Interested to hear from eventual owners and their real world experience
with these, once they start hitting the streets.

That 124gr has a stated velocity of 1150fps so I guess, depending on environmental factors and barrel length, it could be subsonic.

I'm not seeing anything that would make me pick this over other manufacturers.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

131dB 1.25OD suppressors were finished years ago. When you can buy silencers like the Ti-Rant 9 and the SeaFire Diamond 9 who needs overpriced, inferior suppressors?
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Admittedly I dont know as much about suppressors as some do on this board. Having said that, and taking all those specs as true, it seems like an interesting new can. $800MSRP ( so $600-650, which is more or less in line with the Octane and what the Tirant went for not too long ago), lighter than an Octane, SS baffles, narrower than the Tirant and Octane, and I could get it in grey. Am I missing something?
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

marcus99 wrote:Admittedly I dont know as much about suppressors as some do on this board. Having said that, and taking all those specs as true, it seems like an interesting new can. $800MSRP ( so $600-650, which is more or less in line with the Octane and what the Tirant went for not too long ago), lighter than an Octane, SS baffles, narrower than the Tirant and Octane, and I could get it in grey. Am I missing something?

Tirant is going for $400 and Octane for ~$550, so it will be more expensive and offer less IMO. Latest meter vids by silencershop show AAC at 124.1 dB and octane at 126.9 dB avg. We don't have third party numbers for the SF yet (that I'm aware of), but the manufacturer's numbers are obviously much louder.

We have the new "modular" cans available now (Griffin) and upcoming (AAC). We also have quieter, cheaper cans available at present, so I see no reason to choose SF. I'm sure the SF fanboys will scoop them up, but I'll pass.