Thank you Liberty!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Thank you Liberty!

Post by WhisperFan »

I made a Form 1 a few years back ... it was a basic cone/spacer in stainless. It was 'reasonable' for a Form 1 build, but I knew that it could be quieter than it was.

Now - I know that some (maybe a lot) of 07's won't touch re-coring job on a Form 1 with a 10 foot pole - they often have no idea of the specs of the metals used or of the threads (if it is a user serviceable can). I've used Liberty Suppressor to recore a can in the past. So - I contacted Liberty Suppressor again. I was able to provide all the specs on the tube and it was long enough that I wanted it shortened to cut down the weight (and cut off the threads) they agreed to re-core it with a mono-core.

"Made by me ....... Made quiet by them" :D

Pretty cool 'business end' of the can!
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thank you Liberty!

Post by strobro32 »

:lol
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thank you Liberty!

Post by WhisperFan »

It is 'silly quiet' too! I've shot it with 300 Whisper subsonic and .223 .... I've not tried it with .308 yet.

I was told it has a Mystic-style core - but it is a sealed design. As it it only centerfire with jacketed bullets, I don't see that as a problem. It is slightly longer than 10.5 inches and all Stainless.
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas