SilencerShop and Liberty Suppressors calling it quits!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chickenlips

SilencerShop and Liberty Suppressors calling it quits!

Post by chickenlips »

Yesterday I contacted Silencer Shop to get an adapter for my Liberty Mystic, and they told me they were no longer doing business with Liberty Suppressors. Bummer! They would not elaborate. So I called up Liberty to get my adapter and they confirmed. No more Silencer Shop. Also would not say why. I didn't press them about it. I asked them to send me some links to other dealers and they did but the prices posted on those sites were full retail. Again Bummer! Myself and I assume many others purchased at Silencer Shop for the reduced prices. It's a shame that thing did not work out between the two. Business is business I guess. Hmm!
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: SilencerShop and Liberty Suppressors calling it quits!

Post by 66427vette »

Margins just not there. Just a thought after looking at their price list from shot show.
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

I haven't spoken to anyone "in the know" about this yet, however I have my own theory. I know SilencerShop moves A LOT of cans. Due to the sheer volume of cans they sell they probably get better pricing than other distributors do from most silencer manufacturers. However due to the materials (but mostly due to the way) Liberty makes their cans they have more overhead than most other silencer companies, therefore they probably can't sell their cans low enough to SilencerShop to keep them happy, make a profit themselves, and avoid sacrificing quality. SilencerShop carries so many different cans they can definitely afford to drop Liberty. I also think Liberty certainly has a big enough following to survive without SilencerShop. In the end it's just us (the consumers) who will feel most of the negative impact by this. Especially me seeing I as live in Tx and buying Liberty cans from SilencerShop was convenient and cheaper than any other places. If my theory is correct I'm glad Liberty did not cave in and focus on keeping a distributor/dealer happy at the expense of us consumers.
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

Yep, all that is likely to be the case. Liberty sounded happy to be free of the hassle. They said it opened them up for some other opportunities. Whatever they may be. The situation doesn't sour me on either company. I am very likely to buy again from both outfits. Now I just have to find a good price on the Liberty Regulator. Liberty will likely find another big name distributer. If I can wait for the ATF to process all those previous form 4s I can certainly wait for a can to go on sale somewhere.
blisteringsilence

Post by blisteringsilence »

Liberty is getting serious about MAP, and Silencer Shop is a bunch of assholes who won't abide by MAP pricing. There's a reason they're not carrying cans from Henry's new company, Rugged.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

silencer shop are not ass holes , they are very helpful and priced right . the reason for not doing business
with liberty anymore is the pricing . liberty priced themselves out of silencer shop . the shop get the best prices
and with buy and sell and profit margins . well liberty did it to themselves .

and i will continue to use SS
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Silencer Shop has had $900 of mine since March 2014, and have not completed the transfer of a suppressor to my SOT yet. I'm less than happy with them.

I'm gonna tone it down until I get the suppressor or my money in hand.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

I've worked with both companies to get cans, both have been prompt and courteous and awesome. Didn't even know SS was carrying Liberty stuff, but I've got no issue going straight to Liberty if I need another, or straight to SS if I need the best price on a different can.
Proper grammar is awesome.
Chuck88

Post by Chuck88 »

Looks like I ordered my Mystic X just in time!
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

continuity wrote:Silencer Shop has had $900 of mine since March 2014, and have not completed the transfer of a suppressor to my SOT yet. I'm less than happy with them.

in all this time have you contacted them >? ive never has those wait times even in the great panic buy .
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

ericdraven wrote:
continuity wrote:Silencer Shop has had $900 of mine since March 2014, and have not completed the transfer of a suppressor to my SOT yet. I'm less than happy with them.

in all this time have you contacted them >? ive never has those wait times even in the great panic buy .
Contact relative the situation has been made and I've beeen assured the specific item is now moved to the front burner....so to speak. We'll see.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Well crap
I want the new Liberty rimfire monocore and was hoping to give more money to SS and get it for a decent price. I've had one seamless transaction and have another can pending now
I've honestly never even handled a Liberty but everyone raves about them.
I'd buy a Mystic X for the right price in a heart beat.

Too bad people get so bent outta shape over MAP.
SS told OSS to piss off over MAP too

I'll echo the above, the consume suffers
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly is MAP? Pricing related I'm guessing.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

chickenlips wrote:Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly is MAP? Pricing related I'm guessing.
Minimum Advertised Price

http://retail.about.com/od/glossary/g/map.htm
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

Ah! Thank you. To protect their other distributers I suppose.
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

This is why you have to log into your account on SS to see prices for some cans.

Minimum advertised price is not and never has been the actual lowest price for what you can sell a product.

This was OSS' beef with silencershop as well.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

If true, then Liberty are clueless about what MAP actually means and what MAP contracts can enforce.

MAP is just that, minimum ADVERTISED price. As in, they can't ADVERTISE a lower price to the general public. But if they require people to join as members before being able to see a price, then MAP rules no longer apply. This is common in many industries, even in firearms. Why do they think the CDNN catalog has "Call for best price" on half the merchandise? Any time on any website where you've had to add something to your shopping cart before seeing the price, that is a sub-MAP price as well.

FWIW, the OSS thing with SilencerShop was not about MAP. OSS originally guaranteed they would buy back the silencers if they didn't sell. SilencerShop had product in stock for six months and only sold two OSS cans. They asked OSS to buy the remainder back and OSS refused, so SilencerShop liquidated the OSS cans at $200 under cost and terminated business relations with OSS.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

ive looked online , and few places have regulator for 450 now . im pretty sure prices will come down once shipped and market is saturated and people have chances to try them

map pricing is just stupid . nobody i know goes to buy new car and pays MSRP .

id like to have one , but i have Spectre 2 and 500 bucks untested is alot .
chickenlips

Post by chickenlips »

I realy like liberty, but in the end I'm cheap. I will wait for sale prices. Or I will buy a sparrow. I like my Mystic but not enough to pay retail. Friends don't let friends pay retail!
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

chickenlips wrote:Friends don't let friends pay retail!
Awesome!!
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Silencer Shop is the Bud's Guns of silencers. I transferred a SeaFire Diamond to them last year and they have a $500 SOT. That means they gross less than $500K in business a year so they are not as big as people think. And when ATF finds out they are mailing silencers to people instead of doing 4473's at the licensed location...well.... :shock:
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

John Titsworth wrote:... And when ATF finds out they are mailing silencers to people instead of doing 4473's at the licensed location...well.... :shock:
I suggest you be able to back such an accusatory intimation up with evidence. Otherwise you're dabbling in character assassination at the least end of the legal spectrum.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

John Titsworth wrote:Silencer Shop is the Bud's Guns of silencers. I transferred a SeaFire Diamond to them last year and they have a $500 SOT. That means they gross less than $500K in business a year so they are not as big as people think. And when ATF finds out they are mailing silencers to people instead of doing 4473's at the licensed location...well.... :shock:

Haters gotta hate, huh John? The ATF knows they are mailing cans.

Now, don't you have a shotgun silencer to bring to market? 2more weeks?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

RJT wrote:
John Titsworth wrote:Silencer Shop is the Bud's Guns of silencers. I transferred a SeaFire Diamond to them last year and they have a $500 SOT. That means they gross less than $500K in business a year so they are not as big as people think. And when ATF finds out they are mailing silencers to people instead of doing 4473's at the licensed location...well.... :shock:

Haters gotta hate, huh John? The ATF knows they are mailing cans.

Now, don't you have a shotgun silencer to bring to market? 2more weeks?

No hate my friend, just facts. Our shotgun silencer has been shipping for months now. :D x

FROM THE ATF 4473
Over-the-Counter Transaction: The sale or other disposition of a firearm by a seller to a buyer, at the seller’s licensed premises.
:shock:

Just in case you are not sure what a firearm is...
Types of firearms include: pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, receiver, frame and other firearms that are not either handguns or long guns (rifles or shotguns), such as firearms having a pistol grip that expel a shotgun shell or National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms.
:shock:

FFL's can NOT ship silencers to people. Period. I don't like the regulations, but I do comply with them.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

John Titsworth wrote:...
FFL's can NOT ship silencers to people. Period. I don't like the regulations, but I do comply with them.
You're post is non sequitor. Of course they can ship silencers to people... legaly with the appropriate form X approval(s).

U looking to stir the pot?