Silencerco Salvo Sale

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Silencerco Salvo Sale

Post by jdasilva »

I don't know if this is the best place to put this but I thought some prospective salvo purchasers might be interested. Capitol Armory of Austin Texas is have an incredible sale on Salvos for the month of February. They also offer an "Easy Pay" installment plan (8% fee) which makes getting one a breeze. I am not affiliated with them but am a satisfied customer. If interested http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco ... essor.html

Here's the email I received

SILENCERCO SALE AND LE/MIL SPEQ PROGRAM

First and most important, we'd like to thank you for your business and continued support!
In addition to the SilencerCo Salvo sale (more below), we want to let all our LE/MIL customers know that Capitol Armory has been selected as the Central Texas dealer for the new Silencer SPEQ program. The SPEQ program allows law enforcement, military, firefighters, and emergency responders to purchase SilencerCo suppressors at a discounted rate. Additional details regarding the SPEQ program will be provided soon and SPEQ suppressors should be available for purchase in about sixty days.

SHOT SHOW 2015

The Shooting Hunting and Outdoors Trade Show (SHOT) brought the class 3 community many new options. New from Advanced Armament are the Ti-RANT M (45 and 45s combined), Illusion (new eccentric 9mm), Mercury (22lr), Gemtech (many new arrivals), OSS Gen V suppressors, Dead Air Sandman L, Sandman S , Sandman TI, additional Liberty models like the new Regulator, SilencerCo Omega, Rugged 762 suppressors, and an entire line-up from Sig Sauer. Out of all the new suppressors we've seen, the line up from Sig is the most exciting. Advanced features coupled with reasonable pricing and fantastic mounts will make the Sig line up a big hit.
CERAKOTE REFINISHING

We've had many requests for suppressor cerakoting and previously we outsourced this service. We are happy to announce that we can now offer cerakote refinishing in house. Currently this cerakote service is only available for suppressors, but we will soon offer the service on all firearms. If you'd like to have your suppressor stand out with a custom color, add the cerakote service to your cart during checkout. If you have a suppressor awaiting approval, simply add the cerakote service to your cart, let us know what item you want refinished in the comments section, and submit your order.

SILENCERCO SALVO 12 SALE

While at SHOT, we secured a deal to offer Salvo 12s at a price never before seen in the industry. Throughout the month of February, or until supplies last, Capitol Armory will be selling the Salvo 12 shotgun suppressor for $795. This is a fantastic deal and we are excited to provide the savings to our customers. If you are on the fence about a Salvo, now is your best opportunity to jump. In 2015, SilencerCo raised prices 5-10% across the entire product line, so when the 2014 inventory is gone, all SilencerCo customers will start to see an increase in pricing. If you're considering any SilencerCo suppressor or accessory, now is the time to buy.

As with all our specials, if you've purchased a Salvo in the last 30 days, you qualify for a credit based on the difference between the sale price and the price you paid.

ATF UPDATES

The ATF anticipates the return of eForms (electronic filing) by the end of the year. Current paper Form 4 processing times are running as fast as 96 days. Form 3 approval times are running 40-60 days.

The ruling on ATF 41P has been pushed back to May 2015 and we believe it may be pushed back again to January 2016. Currently there are no restrictions on trust or corporation purchases.

Address

2000 Windy Terrace Bldg 1A
Cedar Park, TX 78613

Contact

(512) 879-1068
[email protected]
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencerco Salvo Sale

Post by samson7x »

I was one of those "on the fence" fellas and this pushed me over the edge...ordered one this morning.

Any word on when the other chokes will be available? From my understanding, only improved chokes are currently offered. I'll be using this for duck hunting, so improved isn't going to cut it.
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Post by propeine »

samson7x wrote:I was one of those "on the fence" fellas and this pushed me over the edge...ordered one this morning.

Any word on when the other chokes will be available? From my understanding, only improved chokes are currently offered. I'll be using this for duck hunting, so improved isn't going to cut it.
Thats what I want one for too but I gotta convince my buddies they need one too or else the blind is still going to be hellaciously loud.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

propeine wrote:
samson7x wrote:I was one of those "on the fence" fellas and this pushed me over the edge...ordered one this morning.

Thats what I want one for too but I gotta convince my buddies they need one too or else the blind is still going to be hellaciously loud.

We mostly hunt timber or an open water reservoir so we are sort of spread out. In a blind is a whole different ball game, especially if you are in a pit with 3-4 other dudes.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Buy one, they will see & hear & will joining you next season
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Post by propeine »

samson7x wrote:
propeine wrote:

We mostly hunt timber or an open water reservoir so we are sort of spread out. In a blind is a whole different ball game, especially if you are in a pit with 3-4 other dudes.
Early season it is always timber and no problem. By November though its mostly blind hunting and 3-5 people in a blind. I rocked surefire passive plugs (EP5's I think) this year but at the end of the season picked up some Peltor E Muffs. Going to give them a go next year.
jdasilva wrote:Buy one, they will see & hear & will joining you next season
I know at least one of them that will. He's always got the latest and greatest whatever for duck season.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

I handled a Salvo for the first time last week. Holy bejesus the thing is the size of a boat oar. I want my shotguns to be quieter too but actually handling the thing made me think twice. Is anyone here actually using one yet? At full 12" size it seemed ludicrous to hang it on anything but a very short SBS. It would make the 14" KSG the length of a normal field shotgun.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

Conqueror wrote:I handled a Salvo for the first time last week. Holy bejesus the thing is the size of a boat oar. I want my shotguns to be quieter too but actually handling the thing made me think twice. Is anyone here actually using one yet? At full 12" size it seemed ludicrous to hang it on anything but a very short SBS. It would make the 14" KSG the length of a normal field shotgun.

They are definitely large and heavy in the 12" configuration. I will most likely be using it at 8" and will consider chopping my barrel a few inches in order to make it more maneuverable if I find it's still too ridiculous at 8".

I couldn't bring myself to pay full price just to see how it worked out. With the sale at $795, I figured "why the hell not?" If it doesn't work out for duck hunting, it'll be a fun addition on a short Rem 870 or something.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

I didn't find it to be heavy at all, but then again i'll be using it on a 18" M930 HD & a 14" 590A1 AOW.

My stamp got approved 2/5/2015, so i'll report back :D. Only thing that I don't like is that you have to purchase an adapter.

Come on Silencerco, it should come with one adapter or a coupon for your adapter of choice! Its not like you can use it without the adapter
elcapitan1
Silent Operator

Post by elcapitan1 »

Here is my 11'' M1 and 12.5 870. The Remy was just for giggles, and it does that well. I have not tried it on a full length barrel yet

ImageImage
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Jealous! 2 beautiful shotguns sir!
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

elcapitan1 wrote:Here is my 11'' M1 and 12.5 870. The Remy was just for giggles, and it does that well. I have not tried it on a full length barrel yet

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if/when you get a chance to use it on a longer barrel. Really curious how difficult it is to transition from shot to shot.
huanab

Post by huanab »

Good deal.. too bad i didn't see this before I bought mine. Still awaiting a form 3 to clear atm.
elcapitan1
Silent Operator

Post by elcapitan1 »

samson7x wrote:
elcapitan1 wrote:Here is my 11'' M1 and 12.5 870. The Remy was just for giggles, and it does that well. I have not tried it on a full length barrel yet

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts if/when you get a chance to use it on a longer barrel. Really curious how difficult it is to transition from shot to shot.
I don't have any long barrel shotguns left (with Rem chokes) , I will be trying it on my friends full length 1100 when I get off work in a month or so. I can say it does dramatically reduce recoil, but it is louder than I was hoping on an SBS. I'm waiting on a 14'' 1100 from BWE and I'll probably pick up a spare long barrel for it.
I did shoot it out in the marsh the other day and it seemed really quiet , but in the woods pretty loud. Same as any other can I guess.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

Excuse this being our first post, I will do a formal introduction soon!

samson7x- You asked about other chokes, they are available. If you let us know what you are looking for specifically, I can get you some more information on it.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Joshua@CapitolArmory wrote:Excuse this being our first post, I will do a formal introduction soon!

samson7x- You asked about other chokes, they are available. If you let us know what you are looking for specifically, I can get you some more information on it.

Hi Joshua, I was thinking about threading one of the barrels on my coachgun for the salvo. Is there enough clearance on the choke adapter locking ring so it doesn't get hit by the other barrel? (When shooting unsuppressed)
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

More than likely, you could run into issues with the ring being slightly in front of the other barrel... The locking ring extends about 1/4" or so from the side of the choke, and rests roughly 3/8" from the end of the barrel.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Joshua@CapitolArmory wrote:More than likely, you could run into issues with the ring being slightly in front of the other barrel... The locking ring extends about 1/4" or so from the side of the choke, and rests roughly 3/8" from the end of the barrel.

Thanks for crushing my dreams lol. I appreciate you saving my shotty from certain diaster
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

Joshua@CapitolArmory wrote:Excuse this being our first post, I will do a formal introduction soon!

Thanks Josh, and thank you all for the great deal on the Salvo.

I'm looking for a Benelli modified. It's a super black eagle II, so I believe it is the Crio pattern.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

samson7x wrote: Thanks Josh, and thank you all for the great deal on the Salvo.

I'm looking for a Benelli modified. It's a super black eagle II, so I believe it is the Crio pattern.
You're welcome, and we do have a modified in Crio. The individual chokes (aside from IC) probably aren't on the site, as we're figuring out exactly what to do about them since SilencerCo can't get their mind made up about exactly what to offer with the choke kits.

If you want one, give us a call.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com