THE AMERICAN SUPPRESSOR ASSOCIATION

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

What do you think the suppressor manufacturers want?

1, legal in all states. Yes.
46%
2, No regulation what so ever?(In this case I think the price will drop by a large % where the profit margin will be less, but the sales volume will be greater.)
44%
3, other
10%

Total votes: 39

fastfire
Silent But Deadly

THE AMERICAN SUPPRESSOR ASSOCIATION

Post by fastfire »

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/

I was not aware of this organization.

I guess my biggest question is do the suppressor manufacturers want no BATF regulation on suppressors?

What do you think?
Conqueror
Elite Member

Re: THE AMERICAN SUPPRESSOR ASSOCIATION

Post by Conqueror »

Um, you could just ask them since like 2/3 of the ASA founders are members here. I don't think we really have to guess. :lol:
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

depends , no clear answer i mean you got saturation with more people buying , and you got a broader audience , plus the political reign will also big if another liberal gun grabber get in ,

and i think if i made suppressors with economy and etc i would say no to removing regulations . it would be a short peak then downslide . i would want it hmmm 50/50 or better for long period instead of a quick 80/20 profit

and unless there is a major break thru or innovation in suppressors in next 5 to 10 years would also play in . im guessing as i
dont know about design and making on but seems to me suppressors get refinements here and there no big WOWS !!! unless im wrong which i could be
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

I see no reason for a price drop, if unregulated. I don't think it is really a supply/demand kind of price setting. Most of the complaints I hear (and my own) is the ridiculous wait times. Price isn't an issue, the BS path to ownership is. I would still pay current prices, I just wish they were cash, and carry.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

RJT wrote:I see no reason for a price drop, if unregulated. I don't think it is really a supply/demand kind of price setting. Most of the complaints I hear (and my own) is the ridiculous wait times. Price isn't an issue, the BS path to ownership is. I would still pay current prices, I just wish they were cash, and carry.
This
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

fastfire wrote: What do you think?
Unless they're a bunch of liars their objectives are listed on the web site you linked.
ASA OBJECTIVES
RAISE PUBLIC AWARENESS

We strive to raise public awareness about the benefits and merits of suppressors through a comprehensive public awareness campaign that utilizes both electronic and print media.

Change State Ownership Laws

The ASA will not rest until all 50 states legalize suppressor ownership and possession. As of 2014, there are 11 states to go. Learn how you can make a difference.

Change Hunting Laws and Regulations

We will continue to work with legislators and state wildlife agencies to legalize the use of suppressors in the field by hunters across the nation. There are currently 10 states where suppressors are legal to own, but are not legal for game hunting. Learn more about the laws in your state.

Shall Sign Legislation

In key states across the country, Shall Sign legislation is moving forward. Shall Sign legislation refers to bills that would require Chief Law Enforcement Officers (CLEOs) in the state to signoff on NFA applications within a prescribed period of time, unless the applicant is found to be a prohibited person. We are working hard to pass Shall Sign legislation in all 39 states that suppressors are legal.

Fix Problems within the NFA

There are more than 45,000 Form 4 Applications in backlog at the NFA Branch. This represents over $9 million in tax revenue. With only 25 full time examiners manually approving forms, transferees are experiencing 6 to 9 month wait times. We are working with the NFA Branch to help speed the process in any ways that we can. Our end goal is to see instantaneous approval at the point of purchase.

Boost Membership

The ASA is a sponsorship and membership driven organization. Whether you are a manufacturer, distributor, dealer, or suppressor owner, our strength comes from our members. Learn more about becoming an ASA member and start supporting the cause today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I tried to become a member at the inception of the ASA. They use paypal to process the payment and with paypal's anti gun stand I will not participate. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me on an alternate method of payment.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Since it would seem the association is made up of manufacturers, with a primary interest in selling a product, the largest market would be a benifit... it would seem anyway.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick