Intergally suppressed 6.8 spc?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Intergally suppressed 6.8 spc?

Post by rcn11thacr »

Currently i use my Mystic but i'd like to have a shorter overall length to deal with when hunting. I also dont like the aspect of "advertising" to anyone that happens to see me walking in the woods that i own a suppressor. If its an intgeral then most folks wouldnt think much of it at first glance. Has anyone seen or heard of this being done? Can it be done? If it can i want to do it but im not sure of all the things that would be required to facilitate its completion. I'd like to shorten the barrel enough to keep the rounds subsonic. It would be on my AR i use for hunting here in Florida. I normally hand load my 6.8 loads but once in awhile i use store bought ammo also. Would this design be a take apart type design? Any reason why it should or should not be take apart? Any thoughts are apprecited.
Blackhorse Scout
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Re: Intergally suppressed 6.8 spc?

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Maybe liberty could modify a Leonidas to work, smaller bore and such. Would use an 8.5" barrel.
Proper grammar is awesome.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Thats a pretty easy build.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Bender, Check your pm's.
Blackhorse Scout