Idea on what to do with my first suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Idea on what to do with my first suppressor

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Well this Thursday i'm going to be picking up my spec war. that I've been talking about on this forum for a long time. I'm going to shoot it obviously. I'm planning on ordering a Octane 45 HD on the same day as well.

So what experience do ya'll have with "subs", and what not? lets start it off right.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Idea on what to do with my first suppressor

Post by Jt.kline19 »

Michael Black 47 wrote:Well this Thursday i'm going to be picking up my spec war. that I've been talking about on this forum for a long time. I'm going to shoot it obviously. I'm planning on ordering a Octane 45 HD on the same day as well.

So what experience do ya'll have with "subs", and what not? lets start it off right.
Are you taking about 45 ACP?? Most store bought ammo will be subsonic, so in my opinion you're good with factory ammo.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

yes the 45 acp. I was thinking of getting into reloading for the rifles, and that made me think about the pistol as well. I am also working on my mosin project to be suppressed too. I want to make subs for it and if that can't happen then "very slow" rounds. 8)
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

All typical 45acp (230gr) are already subsonic. Ammo prices are still pretty low too. Reloading 45acp might not be worth the time and convenience of just buying factory 45acp ammo on sale.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I have been reloading for years and have saved thousands and thousands over buying factory ammo....even when its on sale.

If you are volume shooter then reloading is king.

If you are not then you won't save much for a LLOOOOOONNNNGGG time.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

well I have to say thank you to all of you here. I'm going to put in a order for the octane tomorrow :) dam these NFA items are addictive 8) :lol:
ugareloader

Post by ugareloader »

I don't know anyone who has saved money reloading. It just allows you to shoot a LOT MORE. A whole lot more!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

ugareloader wrote:I don't know anyone who has saved money reloading. It just allows you to shoot a LOT MORE. A whole lot more!
Comparing what I would have spent versus what I have spent I have saved tons and I haven't shot more than what I would have having not reloaded.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

I think right now for were I am at in the north east. It is hard to find powder as every shop I go to is out of it, also with some of the other component for reloading. To top it off with a ban coming every 6 months is not helping the situation out here. beware of hoarders.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

you need to study up
you need to tool up (got Chronograph?)
- get components (subsonic rifle see if you can find trailboss)
Get experience!
start with just reloading 45 acp before moving to advanced stuff
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill