Gasbuster handles - do they work?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dullh

Gasbuster handles - do they work?

Post by dullh »

My Saker 556 puts a butt-load of gas back in my face...would a gas-buster charging handle be worth it or are they a gimmick?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gasbuster handles - do they work?

Post by RJT »

They help, especially when used with an adjustable gas block.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Armageddon Tactical in Colorado makes an ambi CH that's a totally new design, and it directs all the gas forward, down the rail. I've got one on my 300blk, but it doesn't really make much gas, so not sure how effective it'd be on a gassy 5.56. There's also the AR gas vent, replaces your FA and vents upper receiver pressure down. The PRI gasbuster will have the same issue that all CHs have with an oversized latch, it'll wear out eventually from the strain at the roll pin.
Proper grammar is awesome.
RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RPM509 »

Yes they help, a lot.
If you are getting a LOT of gas, try the gas buster in combination with
the silicone trick and/or an adjustable gas block.

I've heard good things about the gas bleeding forward assist but have never used or needed one.
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I just use RTV silicone sealant at the rear of all my charging handles. Much cheaper than the GB and you can use whatever CH you like.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

The gas buster charging handle(s) work for me. The RTV trick adds suspenders to the belt, but not my thing. Never gonna get rid of the general dispersion of blow back from the added BP of using a suppressor. No matter what you use, it's gonna be there. Noticible especially if you're sensitive to it.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Have been happy with the BCM charging handle on a BCM 11.5" 5.56 running a 5.56 Saker. The Saker makes less back pressure than the KAC QDSS-NT4!