Specwar 556K question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

donutslayer853

Specwar 556K question

Post by donutslayer853 »

My specwar 556K is still on lock down, but I've been reading this forum a lot lately and I had a question pop into my head. I'm still new to the suppressor world and this may or may not have been asked before, but I know you can shoot pistol and rimfire suppressors wet. Can a specwar be fired wet and would it make a discernible difference? Would it even be worth the effort considering the high volume of dang near everything shooting a centerfire rifle produces?
ugareloader

Re: Specwar 556K question

Post by ugareloader »

NO!!!! Rifle Cans should not be shot wet. This will increase the pressure and could have very bad results
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

No
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

or, NO !!!!!

Same word but the emphasis probably makes the point better.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

Sigproshooter wrote:or, NO !!!!!

Same word but the emphasis probably makes the point better.
+2!

Only thing permissible being wet is the happy
owner when the stamp arrives and finally allowed to open box and pull out
the can, and most assuredly after each shot as you hear the envy of your friends
at the range . :) :)
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

This is not entirely correct, but functionally is true. Many rifle silencer manufacturers (AAC and Surefire come to mind) do endorse using a small amount of water or other ablative medium if the mission absolutely calls for minimizing flash and any possible FRP. However, unless you hunt terrorists in quiet places for a living, you're better off not doing this.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
donutslayer853

Post by donutslayer853 »

Oh I have no plans on shooting my rifle suppressor wet. Was just a question I had from reading. Never know unless you ask right?
RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RPM509 »

I've shot my 30 cal can on my 300 Blk (SBR) wet before to no ill effect. Think it has everything to do with the pressure produced by the given round vice pistol/rifle.

Low pressure cartridges should be fine in either platform.
With that said, very little difference in sound atenuation at the ear wet vs. dry
on mine.
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome