Need Advice On Selceting First Can.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bronko1975

Need Advice On Selceting First Can.

Post by bronko1975 »

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and have been going through lots of threads. I just set up my trust and I’m looking to get a suppressor. I only have the money for maybe 2 cans. Look for some advice from the form on which cans I should go with. I was thinking of going with the SilancerCo Sparrow for one of them. I want something user serviceable that would offer the greatest versatility. I’m thinking these may be my only cans since I heard the BATF is trying to change the Trust rules and require a CLEO signature. Which I would never get here in Philadelphia.

I have 2 AR receivers that I’m going to Form 1 for SBR’s, a 5.56 and a 300 BLK. I also have one that I’m making into an AR pistol. I currently have a 16” AR in 5.56, Ruger SR-22, and 3 Glocks in .45, .40, and 9mm.
SpeedyR

Re: Need Advice On Selceting First Can.

Post by SpeedyR »

I'm in the same boat. I concluded at a 22lr (sparrow) and a 45 can that you can disassemble would be the best "starter" setups. I'll probably get an Octane to go with the sparrow but you might look at the Liberty Mystic or something similar. Sooner rather than later, I'll get a 30 cal rifle can and that should keep me happy for a while. well, at least until the bug bites again and I would guess I might get another 22 can. or a 9mm. stamp collecting.. it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. :)
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Welcome. Great first start on your research. Definitely get that Sparrow. To cover all your bases for a lifetime, you need minimum 3 dedicated cans.
Based on the calibers you mentioned, here's a good start:

Rimfires - Sparrow
Pistols - Octane 45
Rifles - more fun research for you to do. I'd look into the Saker and Omega first.

As a very first can, the Octane would probably be the most enjoyable since you can shoot more calibers with it right off the bat.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

spectre2
tirant 45 with different pistons to shoot 9 ,45, 40

sparrow is cool , but Spectre 2 is built like a tank and has no first round pop