Freedom Armory Suppressors?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

sundazes

Freedom Armory Suppressors?

Post by sundazes »

Anyone have any experience with Freedom Armory suppressors? They seem well built and claim good suppression. As a point of reference, I have several cans so I am not a newb. These look intriguing. Thoughts?

http://www.famachineworks.com

Thanks.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Freedom Armory Suppressors?

Post by Historian »

Quality site presentation.

They must be good given their own evaluation:
"As indestructible, if not better, than competing suppressors in the marketplace".

Might one ask if they might be trying to give The Bird to the Sparrow. :)

Looking forward to actual YouTube comparisons.
Chuck88

Post by Chuck88 »

Historian wrote: They must be good given their own evaluation:
"As indestructible, if not better, than competing suppressors in the marketplace".
They wrote that?
Hopefully their cans are better than their grammar.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Chuck88 wrote:
Historian wrote: They must be good given their own evaluation:
They wrote that?
Hopefully their cans are better than their grammar.
Don't mind him, he's a lunatic who thinks he's clever. As far as forums go, it's one the most disturbing things I've witnessed, because it's gone on for years without breaking character into something even remotely human.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

As indestructible, if not better, than competing suppressors in the marketplace.

As indestructible as, if not better than, competing suppressors in the marketplace.
sundazes

Post by sundazes »

OK, since we have the bad grammar out of the way, does anyone have any experience with them?
/dev/null

Post by /dev/null »

I have two, both the minuteman and the Grenadier. Ive had them out twice now and overall very happy with them. Easy to take-down for cleaning, and the baffle system allows for re-configuration between high / low pressure systems (pistol vs rifle).

They do offer options in manufacturing and I opted for all titanium on both. Although Im not running FA on any of these, they are extremely durable in my opinion. I also have a buddy with deeper pockets than mine who has run the minuteman (22) with .223 and is quite impressed (we both bought two from Freedom Machine Works).

Lastly, while the store / shop is a 90 minute drive for me, its become my new go-to for most everything. VERY well stocked and knowledgeable staff. If you have questions pick up the phone adn cell Scott Morris, he is the owner of the shop and would be happy to discuss his products with you.
Chance0013

Post by Chance0013 »

Are you talking Freedom Armory the Gun Store in Pa?
sundazes

Post by sundazes »

Chance0013 wrote:Are you talking Freedom Armory the Gun Store in Pa?
Yes, they have a machine shop and started producing suppressors. It is in Glen Rock PA.
Chance0013

Post by Chance0013 »

I did not know that. A buddy of mine use to work there as an instructor and I have not been there for years. I remember I wanted to purchase a suppressor from them and they wanted crazy prices. I asked why so high and was told to help pay for their license. That was 8 to 12 years ago and the last time I was in their store. I might go and check them out and see if they got any better.
sundazes

Post by sundazes »

Chance0013 wrote:I did not know that. A buddy of mine use to work there as an instructor and I have not been there for years. I remember I wanted to purchase a suppressor from them and they wanted crazy prices. I asked why so high and was told to help pay for their license. That was 8 to 12 years ago and the last time I was in their store. I might go and check them out and see if they got any better.
There are a few shops in the Baltimore have been selling their cans. I have never been there, but friends who live in the area like the shop. Let us know how you like it.