Learned something today...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dullh

Learned something today...

Post by dullh »

My SiCo Sparrow has FRP on my two pistols and my 5" 15-22. Noticeable but not bad. As I continue to shoot, the 2nd and all subsequent shots are so quiet all I hear is the action cycling and the bullet hitting the backstop. Now...

I got a thread adapter and put it on the front of my full-length 10/22 barrel...HOLY POOP!

ZERO FRP! Also seemingly quieter than on pistols and the SBR...again all I hear is the bolt cycling and the bullet hitting the backstop.

You guys may have already known what I just learned, but I found that can+longer barrel = no FRP thus wicked super quiet even on the first shot...
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Learned something today...

Post by doubloon »

fiziks is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Spray a tiny mist of water from a nasal spray bottle into your Sparrow and you won't have any FRP on the pistol either.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

dullh wrote:My SiCo Sparrow has FRP on my two pistols and my 5" 15-22. Noticeable but not bad. As I continue to shoot, the 2nd and all subsequent shots are so quiet all I hear is the action cycling and the bullet hitting the backstop. Now...

I got a thread adapter and put it on the front of my full-length 10/22 barrel...HOLY POOP!

ZERO FRP! Also seemingly quieter than on pistols and the SBR...again all I hear is the bolt cycling and the bullet hitting the backstop.

You guys may have already known what I just learned, but I found that can+longer barrel = no FRP thus wicked super quiet even on the first shot...
Thank you for empirical observation that suggests mulling over the parameters
that could have been effected to gain this result, such as changing tuning ... various height
of water in a soda bottle will have different tones, etc.

Good info.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

doubloon wrote:fiziks is amazing.

NIce, :?
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu