FORM 3 wait times

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Post Reply
User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:35 pm

As may approaches with the 41P stuff. Has anyone notices that form 3 are taking longer to process or its just me being in a rush. Octane 45 hanging in the balance.

User avatar
Conqueror
Elite Member
Posts: 4808
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: RTP, NC

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Conqueror » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Yes, they are taking a bit longer. I had two clear this week, both a few days over 2 months.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]

samson7x
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by samson7x » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Yes they are increasing. My most recent ones have been right at 2 months.

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Great the last thing I want is to get it hear and 41p goes full retard. Leaving me with a can that I can't get signed off because of a CLEO,"living in the north east".

User avatar
SUB-MG
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Missouri

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by SUB-MG » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 pm

I just got a couple form 3's back, one took 2 months, the other took 2 month and a week and it took a couple weeks t get it in the mail.
B&R Guns
FFL/SOT
Lees Summit, MO
http://WWW.BRGUNS.COM

sillycon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: FL

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by sillycon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 am

Michael Black 47 wrote:Great the last thing I want is to get it hear and 41p goes full retard. Leaving me with a can that I can't get signed off because of a CLEO,"living in the north east".
Ditto. I have a few stamps hanging in this balance... :(

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:04 pm

sillycon wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:Great the last thing I want is to get it hear and 41p goes full retard. Leaving me with a can that I can't get signed off because of a CLEO,"living in the north east".
Ditto. I have a few stamps hanging in this balance... :(
As they say in the NFA game. "The struggle is real"

bronko1975
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by bronko1975 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:13 am

41P also has me concerned also. I have no stamps at the moment but I have 5 i'm waiting on.
3 for silancers and 2 form 1's for SBR's. You never know what will happen with 41P. I'm everyone of us has our fingures crossed that things go our way.

sillycon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: FL

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by sillycon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:20 pm

It seems like the "prevailing wisdom" is that the ruling is going to get kicked to January 2016, or "delayed indefinitely".

Personally, I just hope I have all my stamps in to ATF before what ever happens happens (I can hope all I want, I won't have them all back before hand -- I'm still waiting on F3's to clear on some...).

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Bendersquint » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:04 pm

My Form3's are pushing 3 months right now!

ATF needs to get their rear in gear.

RJT
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm
Location: SoTx

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by RJT » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

You can have your 3s, as soon as my 4s, and 1s come back. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:18 pm

I live in the North east. It my last can I swear. 8) I got the specwar just give me my octane 45.

huanab
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:28 am

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by huanab » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 am

I'm still waiting for my dealer to call me. I'm at the 10 week mark now.

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 am

huanab wrote:I'm still waiting for my dealer to call me. I'm at the 10 week mark now.
10 weeks for a form 3 Jesus. I hope that mines won't be that long. next month i plan on buying the barrels and pistons for it.

sillycon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: FL

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by sillycon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm at 10+ weeks for a SpecWar I've been waiting on to come in from RSR to my dealer.

I notice on NFA Tracker that e-filed Form 1's have gone from 30 to 60 days now as well.

Anyone know if ATF-NFA has had a staff reduction or such recently?

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 pm

sillycon wrote:I'm at 10+ weeks for a SpecWar I've been waiting on to come in from RSR to my dealer.

I notice on NFA Tracker that e-filed Form 1's have gone from 30 to 60 days now as well.

Anyone know if ATF-NFA has had a staff reduction or such recently?

No staff reductions, increase in submittals though.

sillycon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: FL

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by sillycon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
sillycon wrote:I'm at 10+ weeks for a SpecWar I've been waiting on to come in from RSR to my dealer.

I notice on NFA Tracker that e-filed Form 1's have gone from 30 to 60 days now as well.

Anyone know if ATF-NFA has had a staff reduction or such recently?

No staff reductions, increase in submittals though.
Do you figure that's mostly due to 41p panic, anti-gunner panic, or organic demand? I realize it's realistically a combination of all three, but I'm sure one is a more popular reason than the others -- there's ALWAYS a "favorite".

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

sillycon wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
sillycon wrote:I'm at 10+ weeks for a SpecWar I've been waiting on to come in from RSR to my dealer.

I notice on NFA Tracker that e-filed Form 1's have gone from 30 to 60 days now as well.

Anyone know if ATF-NFA has had a staff reduction or such recently?

No staff reductions, increase in submittals though.
Do you figure that's mostly due to 41p panic, anti-gunner panic, or organic demand? I realize it's realistically a combination of all three, but I'm sure one is a more popular reason than the others -- there's ALWAYS a "favorite".
You make a great point on that with the big three. Its the prefect storm and the people at the NFA are not happy with the new wave that is coming in. They got the it down by like 70k from last year and now their back up again. I have a feeling its like "office space" with the TPS reports. :lol:

sillycon
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: FL

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by sillycon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Michael Black 47 wrote:You make a great point on that with the big three. Its the prefect storm and the people at the NFA are not happy with the new wave that is coming in. They got the it down by like 70k from last year and now their back up again. I have a feeling its like "office space" with the TPS reports. :lol:
Just for that, I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday... yea...

Honestly, perhaps the best way to eliminate the NFA (or at least get suppressors de-listed) is by everyone in the US buying as many cans as they can possibly afford. It will absolutely CRUSH the ATF/NFA branch, and it would spur American manufacturing at the same time.

Win-win for everyone (except those poor souls in the NFA office).

Frankly, they need a competent team of folks to bring the NFA branch into the computer age. The last troupe of dimwits they hired to do it really made a mess of things...

There's no reason the vast majority of the process couldn't be electronically automated either (aside from our gov'ts anaphylactic reaction to doing things the right/simple/easy/logical way)...

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:24 pm

sillycon wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:You make a great point on that with the big three. Its the prefect storm and the people at the NFA are not happy with the new wave that is coming in. They got the it down by like 70k from last year and now their back up again. I have a feeling its like "office space" with the TPS reports. :lol:
Just for that, I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday... yea...

Honestly, perhaps the best way to eliminate the NFA (or at least get suppressors de-listed) is by everyone in the US buying as many cans as they can possibly afford. It will absolutely CRUSH the ATF/NFA branch, and it would spur American manufacturing at the same time.

Win-win for everyone (except those poor souls in the NFA office).

Frankly, they need a competent team of folks to bring the NFA branch into the computer age. The last troupe of dimwits they hired to do it really made a mess of things...

There's no reason the vast majority of the process couldn't be electronically automated either (aside from our gov'ts anaphylactic reaction to doing things the right/simple/easy/logical way)...

Have no fear for the electronic form 4s are coming back this summer I don't know if this includes the form 3 as well tho. So you know what that means. I think the people at the NFA are praising its like the second coming of Jesus himself. :lol: I think on there spare time they are using the range at the ATF to shoot "blank forms" to get rid of some stress, at least it not the computer and printer this time that gets it 8) . Can you imagine having boxes of paper work coming in and after 9 months of OT after clearing most of it out they bring in 30 more boxes "back to your first line you said". That can be soul crushing. :cry: "like a fat man going on a diet". I believe the network engineers have a lot of burning eyes on them waiting for them to finish the new system.

I wonder if they have rifles with fun switches to shoot at the end of the day of a hard day of work? what do you think?

User avatar
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Fulliautomatix » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Michael Black 47 wrote: Have no fear for the electronic form 4s are coming back this summer...
Source?
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

User avatar
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 am
Location: PA

Re: FORM 3 wait times

Post by Michael Black 47 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Fulliautomatix wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote: Have no fear for the electronic form 4s are coming back this summer...
Source?

http://silencernews.com/atf-eform-4-com ... late-2015/

http://americansuppressorassociation.co ... ms-system/

always keep your head close to the ground.

Post Reply