Smokin: Salvo Barrel Length Requrement

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Stout
Silent But Deadly

Smokin: Salvo Barrel Length Requrement

Post by Stout »

So this is why I cannot put a Salvo 12 on my SHF 8" 870? The ring of death may be too much for it. Captured with a GoPro 3 at 60 frames per second.
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Smokin: Salvo Barrel Length Requrement

Post by sillycon »

I have to wonder how much an extra 2" of barrel length would make to that ring of fire (the Salvo minimum is 10" with a 2.75" shell).
AKDOC
Silent Operator

Post by AKDOC »

Im waiting on my stamp for my SHF 870 Keg 12. How do you like yours? Do you have the birds head grip on yours?
Stout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stout »

AKDOC wrote:Im waiting on my stamp for my SHF 870 Keg 12. How do you like yours? Do you have the birds head grip on yours?
I did swap the PG for a Shockwave Raptor birds head grip and it is much more comfortable to shoot. The PG just plain stings! It is a blast to shoot.
AKDOC
Silent Operator

Post by AKDOC »

I wonder if SHF would ever sell longer barrels that I could have threaded for chokes to use my salvo on. I already have an 870 12inch SBS but it would be cool to put the short configuration on my AOW.