Form 1 Refund Processing time

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Form 1 Refund Processing time

Post by jdasilva »

Thought some of y'all might like to know.

My form 1 was disapproved on 2/4/2015. I called the nfa today (68 days) & was forwarded to Scott Robertson's voicemail.

He promptly called back from an unknown number & said that they're processing 2/3/2015 disapprovals today.

I should have mine processed this week which will be good so I can put a down payment on an Octane 45!
Swift516

Re: Form 1 Refund Processing time

Post by Swift516 »

Cant you resubmit? Or have you moved on to better or different things?
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Swift516 wrote:Cant you resubmit? Or have you moved on to better or different things?
I resubmitted the next day & was immediately approved. I was just referencing how long its taking to get the initial refund back
dullh

Post by dullh »

I messed up the very first EForm 1 I filed. I immediately filed another one which was correct and it got approved in 37 days.

It took just over two months to get the refund for the botched form...
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

dullh wrote:I messed up the very first EForm 1 I filed. I immediately filed another one which was correct and it got approved in 37 days.

It took just over two months to get the refund for the botched form...

Examiner messed up on mine. I emailed Ted Clutter & he took care of it. Had to resubmit & email the examiner the new & old control numbers
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I had an issue happen with a lower I submitted a form 1 on and had to request it be withdrawn and resubmitted with a new lower. It's total BS that it takes over two months to get your money back. It's simply a couple keystrokes to process a refund. When a form is denied or withdrawn, it should be an automated process where a refund is automatically issued. I can see if a check or money order is sent, but when it comes to electronic forms with credit card payments, it shouldn't take months on end.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

JasonNC wrote:I had an issue happen with a lower I submitted a form 1 on and had to request it be withdrawn and resubmitted with a new lower. It's total BS that it takes over two months to get your money back. It's simply a couple keystrokes to process a refund. When a form is denied or withdrawn, it should be an automated process where a refund is automatically issued. I can see if a check or money order is sent, but when it comes to electronic forms with credit card payments, it shouldn't take months on end.
Agreed. My Form 1 was denied yesterday, I expect 2 to 3 months before I get my money back.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Abiqua wrote:
JasonNC wrote:I had an issue happen with a lower I submitted a form 1 on and had to request it be withdrawn and resubmitted with a new lower. It's total BS that it takes over two months to get your money back. It's simply a couple keystrokes to process a refund. When a form is denied or withdrawn, it should be an automated process where a refund is automatically issued. I can see if a check or money order is sent, but when it comes to electronic forms with credit card payments, it shouldn't take months on end.
Agreed. My Form 1 was denied yesterday, I expect 2 to 3 months before I get my money back.

Mine was disapproved on 2/4 & was refunded on 4/17. Way too long in my opinion