New to forum

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Gyrkin

New to forum

Post by Gyrkin »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I couldn't find a specific sub-forum for introductions, hope this is the right place.

I have my first suppressor, an Omega, on order. It's backordered, so haven't even started the form 4 wait yet. A friend and I have a business that is incorporated, and he has several class 3 items that the corporation technically owns. Since I am an officer of the corporation I can also posses those items, and he has leant me his Elite-Irons Bravo suppressor that I have been running on my 300 BLK. It's been so much fun I figured I needed to get one for myself. Since the corporation route has worked so well for him I plan to go the same route. That will also give us the option of allowing him to posses my Omega when I eventually get it. Anyway, I'm still pretty new to suppressors and figured this forum would help me learn more.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: New to forum

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Do you have an actual business that you are going to incorporate, or is it solely for the NFA devices? If the latter, you may want to research a trust instead.

Here's a couple for starters:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133090
http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12219
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Gyrkin

Post by Gyrkin »

Fulliautomatix wrote:Do you have an actual business that you are going to incorporate, or is it solely for the NFA devices? If the latter, you may want to research a trust instead.

Here's a couple for starters:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133090
http://nfatalk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12219
Yes it is a going business, has been since 1995, and been incorporated almost as long.
Gyrkin

Post by Gyrkin »

Also, to make it clear, I will be using the same corporation that my friend used, that already owns NFA items. We are both owners of that business.
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulliautomatix »

Ah, got it. It sounded like you were going to have a corporation as well. As long as the corporation stays in good standing in your state you should be good to go, and especially if the corp already exists.
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Welcome to the site.

I think you made a good choice on a first can. Silencerco has a good rep and from what I've seen its a good can at a fair price.
bronko1975

Post by bronko1975 »

Welcome to the forum.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Just understand that none of the items are yours, they belong to the business and go with it. Partners die/split up, fight over assets. Even if your split best of friends you will have to do a form 4 again pay the tax again, to take possession of your items.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

David Hineline wrote:Just understand that none of the items are yours, they belong to the business and go with it. Partners die/split up, fight over assets. Even if your split best of friends you will have to do a form 4 again pay the tax again, to take possession of your items.
Kinda what I was thinking but wasn't going to say anything and jinx him LOL

If you're planning on many more than just the one NFA item I'd strongly consider a trust of your own, that even your buddy/partner can be a trustee on.
Gyrkin

Post by Gyrkin »

Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm not concerned. We have been business partners for 20 years now. The business already own numerous NFA items. We have discussed, and put in writing, what happens to everything in the event of anything happening.