Any opinions on Mack Brothers/Dakota Silencer?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

MJY65

Any opinions on Mack Brothers/Dakota Silencer?

Post by MJY65 »

I'm brand new to this suppressor game since our law in MN just changed. Of course, I've read a lot of reviews in preparation for my first purchase. The big names get a lot of press, but some dealers also seem to like the smaller brands.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Mack Brothers Lima or the Varminter 3.0 that they market through Dakota Silencer?

Thanks
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any opinions on Mack Brothers/Dakota Silencer?

Post by ericdraven »

funny this topic came up lol . i just picked up my mack brothers echo last week . i too had only heard few things on the mack brothers . i have 3 other 22 suppressors so i bought an echo and im glad i did . very quiet , and very very small . i hope to have some videos posted soon / well built , and you can see the quality.

their is an echo youtube video from a guy but video is short but you can hear it . just search for it .

with little waterdrops and differrent ammo to my ear its a tad quieter the my Spectre 2 . and i love my Spectre . no first round pop either . i took a chance not knowing much , and i would do it again .
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

NC Silencers, one of the silencer vendor sites I like to frequent lists the Mack Brothers Varminter III as the best .308 suppressor out there.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Keep in mind the most expensive silencer you will ever buy is the one you regret buying.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

They are well known in South Dakota, a lot of guys use them for hunting and varmint shooting there. They sound on par to me with everyone else's centerfire rifle cans.