Where is SilencerCo?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Aaron
Silent Operator
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:05 pm

First off, I own a Saker 7.62 and an Octane 45 both of which I very much like.

The last few days however, I have looked at several killer new designs.

The first is the GRIFFIN ARMAMENT REVOLUTION 9/45. This thing is absolutely sick!

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revoluti ... arev45.htm

The second is the RUGGED SUPPRESSORS SURGE 7.62. This one is stupid expensive but I imagine the price will come down once they actually hit the street.

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/surge-762/

My questions are what, where and when can we expect an answer from SilencerCo?

They've gone from being an industry leader to being roughly on par with what's out there.

I can't wait to see what they have in the works.

Aaron

savagetactical
Silent Operator
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by savagetactical » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:16 pm

I was hoping they would make a module that would attached to the front of the Saker like the Surge 762 or OSS suppressor several month ago; it looks like Rugged beat them to the punch. I don't know if the K-pistol cans are really that great. Sure the Revolution 9 and 45 are the best way to go about it since you still have ability to go full sized, but you still can't fit them in a regular holster and you really don't gain that much compactness over a pistol with a full sized can. With either configuration you are still much shorter than either a rifle, shotgun, SBR, or SBS. Just my 2 cents.

User avatar
Emilio
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Emilio » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:07 pm

S-co lost or fired their creative people. :mrgreen: I think they where interested in millitary, thus the bone head moves. S-Crew em. :mrgreen:

Rugged will come out with better pistol cans than Griffin and s-co. :wink:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!

rimshaker
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am
Location: FL

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by rimshaker » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:07 am

It's somewhat backwards. All the new cans you're seeing now are actually everyone's answers to Silencerco!
The designs of the Sparrow, Octane, and Saker set the bar really high the past few years, and the smaller companies have just finally caught up with similar designs (Axiom, Revolution, Sandman, Surge)

The current fad just seems to be length modularity and replaceable front endcaps. I don't think Silco has gone anywhere. They still have the only mass-produced shotgun can also.

If anyone has disappeared in the industry, it's AAC.

User avatar
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 am

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by jdasilva » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:37 am

I think they already answered

from SilencerCo instagram 6/29/15:

As of today, #SilencerCo has shipped our 5,000th #Omega, making it the top-selling and most popular #silencer in the country. Once we hit 10,000 Omegas shipped, we’re giving away an #AXTS MI-T556 with an Omega.

User avatar
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 am

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by jdasilva » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 am

Emilio wrote:S-co lost or fired their creative people. :mrgreen: I think they where interested in millitary, thus the bone head moves. S-Crew em. :mrgreen:

Rugged will come out with better pistol cans than Griffin and s-co. :wink:

While you're going on about how horrible Sco is & how they did SWR dirty, they're all buddy buddy. They're not mortal enemies. They still shoot with each other & support each other. SilencerCo has done more to support other companies than anyone in their industry.

Everyone here knows you don't like Sco, & i didn't like it when Mike & Henry left. I will also get their products because I respect them but this anti Sco rant is getting old now. Have you never left a company before?

Its starting to be a chore now to pass all your hateful posts when it comes to Sco. If you don't like them, then dont buy their products & dont promote them

#FightTheNoise

User avatar
Emilio
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Emilio » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 am

rimshaker wrote:
If anyone has disappeared in the industry, it's AAC.
Thats because he went to Sig and took the creative with him. :mrgreen: Challenging the ATF and creating "fads".

Same pattern, family turns big corp, office makes bone head moves, more bean counters than brains. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!

User avatar
Emilio
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Emilio » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:33 am

jdasilva wrote:
Emilio wrote:S-co lost or fired their creative people. :mrgreen: I think they where interested in millitary, thus the bone head moves. S-Crew em. :mrgreen:

Rugged will come out with better pistol cans than Griffin and s-co. :wink:

While you're going on about how horrible Sco is & how they did SWR dirty, they're all buddy buddy. They're not mortal enemies. They still shoot with each other & support each other. SilencerCo has done more to support other companies than anyone in their industry.

Everyone here knows you don't like Sco, & i didn't like it when Mike & Henry left. I will also get their products because I respect them but this anti Sco rant is getting old now. Have you never left a company before?

Its starting to be a chore now to pass all your hateful posts when it comes to Sco. If you don't like them, then dont buy their products & dont promote them

#FightTheNoise
Henry did't leave, he was fired and escorted out the door. The SWR brand was killed ,relabeled as thier own and much succsess and money was exctracted from his designs and input (even the Saker and possibly even the Omega core) . Mike could smell the coffee early and took "the fun" with him. Two major losses that should have been preserved with some freedom and space.

Yes, I've left one company before, its the same old story.

Some say "well Henry worked for S-co" but it was announced and a merger and partnership of two companys.

Some say "this is a good thing" "we have more products to choose from." This is true but at this time they dont have the same recourses to compete at the same price points and the same "could" have been done in house making S-co even stronger.

Excuse me if I don't like it, if it makes you feel any better I rant about how the country is going to hell also. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!

User avatar
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 am

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by jdasilva » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Emilio wrote:
jdasilva wrote:
Emilio wrote:S-co lost or fired their creative people. :mrgreen: I think they where interested in millitary, thus the bone head moves. S-Crew em. :mrgreen:

Rugged will come out with better pistol cans than Griffin and s-co. :wink:

While you're going on about how horrible Sco is & how they did SWR dirty, they're all buddy buddy. They're not mortal enemies. They still shoot with each other & support each other. SilencerCo has done more to support other companies than anyone in their industry.

Everyone here knows you don't like Sco, & i didn't like it when Mike & Henry left. I will also get their products because I respect them but this anti Sco rant is getting old now. Have you never left a company before?

Its starting to be a chore now to pass all your hateful posts when it comes to Sco. If you don't like them, then dont buy their products & dont promote them

#FightTheNoise
Henry did't leave, he was fired and escorted out the door. The SWR brand was killed ,relabeled as thier own and much succsess and money was exctracted from his designs and input (even the Saker and possibly even the Omega core) . Mike could smell the coffee early and took "the fun" with him. Two major losses that should have been preserved with some freedom and space.

Yes, I've left one company before, its the same old story.

Some say "well Henry worked for S-co" but it was announced and a merger and partnership of two companys.

Some say "this is a good thing" "we have more products to choose from." This is true but at this time they dont have the same recourses to compete at the same price points and the same "could" have been done in house making S-co even stronger.

Excuse me if I don't like it, if it makes you feel any better I rant about how the country is going to hell also. :mrgreen:


I rant too.

I'm really excited to try out the surge. My Specwar 762 is my favorite rifle can & i'm about to order its baby brother.

I'm not really interested in the shorter cans or their ability to become shorter. If anything, i wish i could get them bigger.

Mike & Gary leaving shocked me. They both had personally helped me with issues & I was hoping they'd form their own company. Now Dead Air & rugged are here.

What you say is true but people know that they are here and anxiously awaiting the sandman & surge. Can't feel to bad for them, they have Tanks now. Business must be good :)

I became a fan of SWR by default when they merged & I do see it as a positive, at a certain point heads begin to clash. SWR & Sco definitely had different priorites when it came to design.

A case could be made that the merger, & mass exposure of the specwar & octane, gave Henry the base to make Rugged a success.

When I finish off my Sco collection this year, I'm going to jump into Dead Air & Rugged.

Aaron
Silent Operator
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Aaron » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Lets get this thread back on topic.

How and when can we expect SCo to respond to these innovative new products.

The Omega is not a response. It was out before these new products hit the market so it can hardly be called a response.

What do you think they'll do? I'm trying to think creatively.

User avatar
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 am

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by jdasilva » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

Aaron wrote:Lets get this thread back on topic.

How and when can we expect SCo to respond to these innovative new products.

The Omega is not a response. It was out before these new products hit the market so it can hardly be called a response.

What do you think they'll do? I'm trying to think creatively.

The Surge is unproven & I've shot both those griffin cans. Nothing to right home about. I shot them side by side with the tirants, octanes, & ospreys & i wouldn't choose them over Sco or AAC.

As far as the surge being able to go smaller, big whoop. I like it because its supposed to be a tough can like the specwar not because i can make my rifle louder.

I see nothing that Sco or anybody in the industry has to respond too, except the MysticX. & all Sco would have to do is go monocore on the octane.

Sco has a r&d list & you are free to call them & add ideas to it & they may even discuss their views on it. For example, i suggested a new salvo design that has a hole running through interlocking baffles that accommodates an mag extension tube.

I would personally appreciate a magnum rated pistol can for a sbr 357/44mag/460rowland

dead air has a really interesting baffle stack in their mask 22. it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Sco right now is in expanding their brand by collabs with top companies, they don't need to respond to anyone

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by ericdraven » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 pm

whats the beef with AAC ? i love my tirant . one of the best and quietest cans made.

i got my Spectre 2 before swr merged . awesome can
ive got a mack brothers lima , damn good can

i will be getting

a regulator
and dead air soon

looking into others as well

Aaron
Silent Operator
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Aaron » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:06 pm

ericdraven wrote:whats the beef with AAC ? i love my tirant . one of the best and quietest cans made.

i got my Spectre 2 before swr merged . awesome can
ive got a mack brothers lima , damn good can

i will be getting

a regulator
and dead air soon

looking into others as well
I have a Mask-22 preordered

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by ericdraven » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 am

just pulled the plug for a liberty regulator .

User avatar
este
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2235
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by este » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Someone told me SiCo was running three shifts and 200 people. I don't think they've "gone" anywhere.

(no idea if those numbers are true, but they did just post that they sold their 5000th Omega just a couple months after release)

User avatar
silencertalk
Site Admin
Posts: 33985
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Location: USA

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by silencertalk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 pm

It doesn't take 200 people to make every silencer from every silencer company combined in the entire world for even one shift.

User avatar
JasonM
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm
Location: NoVA
Contact:

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by JasonM » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:47 pm

silencertalk wrote:It doesn't take 200 people to make every silencer from every silencer company combined in the entire world for even one shift.
agreed. most people would be shocked at the actual staff size of these companies.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

User avatar
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 523
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:40 am
Location: Montana Territory

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by MJF1911 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:04 am

silencertalk wrote:It doesn't take 200 people to make every silencer from every silencer company combined in the entire world for even one shift.

Judging by the size of the parking lot at their HQ there are at least 75 people working there, no idea what shifts they run though.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K

Aaron
Silent Operator
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Aaron » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 am

este wrote:Someone told me SiCo was running three shifts and 200 people. I don't think they've "gone" anywhere.

(no idea if those numbers are true, but they did just post that they sold their 5000th Omega just a couple months after release)
I wasn't commenting on the size of their workforce or quantity of sales.

I was asking what kind if innovation can we expect from them this year.

Sometimes the size and previous success of a company works against them when it comes to innovation.

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by ericdraven » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 pm

i have not heard any rumors . unless its very hushed , i think we shall wee some new in dec and the new year

Deathray
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Deathray » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:10 am

ericdraven wrote:whats the beef with AAC ? i love my tirant . one of the best and quietest cans made.
I don't really have a beef with them (the employees on this site are really sensitive so it is fun to poke at them from time to time), but they've definitely dropped from being the innovative force for the industry after the buyout.

Now that they have suffered brain drain with people going to Sig and such, I don't see them retaking the throne any time soon.

User avatar
silencertalk
Site Admin
Posts: 33985
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Location: USA

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by silencertalk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:53 am

Just for the record, every AAC silencer, except for the MG-SD, was designed by someone who still works for AAC.

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by 66427vette » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:15 am

^ :D nice!

Deathray
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by Deathray » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:48 pm

silencertalk wrote:Just for the record, every AAC silencer, except for the MG-SD, was designed by someone who still works for AAC.
Well then crack the whip and make that guy come up with something amazing again.

66427vette
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Where is SilencerCo?

Post by 66427vette » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:15 pm

^ You do know who that guy is right?

Post Reply