Rocksett question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

MSC182

Rocksett question

Post by MSC182 »

I recently put an AAC Brakeout 2.0 on and the tube of rocksett that came with it had a gelatinous consistency not liquid. I used a toothpick to smear it into the threads and torqued the mount on per the instructions. My question is do I need to try to take the brake off and redo it with new rocksett or is it ok? Thanks in advance for any info.
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Rocksett question

Post by Killerapplesauce »

Sounds like you it is fine as long as you followed the instructions and cleaned the threads ect..
MSC182

Post by MSC182 »

Killerapplesauce wrote:Sounds like you it is fine as long as you followed the instructions and cleaned the threads ect..
Thanks for the reply. I did clean the threads of the barrel and mount with acetone prior to putting on the rocksett.
rjacobs
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjacobs »

You'll know if you need to re-do it when your brake screws off with your can.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

It should be fine, especially since you smeared it carefully into the threads.

I noticed the gel quality of the single-use packets also. It wasn't until I bought a 2-oz bottle of Rocksett that I realized it's actually like water.
MSC182

Post by MSC182 »

rimshaker wrote:It should be fine, especially since you smeared it carefully into the threads.

I noticed the gel quality of the single-use packets also. It wasn't until I bought a 2-oz bottle of Rocksett that I realized it's actually like water.
Thanks for the reply. It seems like it should be ok I'll just keep an eye on it to be sure.