Wait times...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Wait times...

Post by JeffWard »

Just spoke to a very nice woman at ATF yesterday on the phone. It's summer, and a number of the people handling Form 3/4s are on vacation with the kiddos! Yay... Current turn time on a Trust Form 4 is back to 5-6 months.

FML

JW
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wait times...

Post by sillycon »

JeffWard wrote:Just spoke to a very nice woman at ATF yesterday on the phone. It's summer, and a number of the people handling Form 3/4s are on vacation with the kiddos! Yay... Current turn time on a Trust Form 4 is back to 5-6 months.

FML

JW
Silencer shop is currently showing 4-4.5 months for their form 4's, but I have no doubt it's going to get longer (it's been trending higher for a while now anyway). Why, you ask? Well, I have a handful of stamps pending of course...

:x
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

I was thinking it was going to be slower now anyways, Florida just legalized it for hunting and we have 1.2 million CWP holders so yeah... it may take a while especially considering the fact that my entire club is going to a Suppressor only policy for the first few weeks of Deer season, and several leases are too. I always carried a 22LR pistol (P22) with a can for mercy shots anyway, never found a game warden who objected and hunt with quite a few.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
thepro8

Post by thepro8 »

i'm at 4.5 months on 2 of mine (checks cashed march 19) form 4 trust paper
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

The ATF actually got their s--t together in 2014 in reducing the huge backlog they had. And it worked too! Kudos to them.
Approval times for paper forms went down to 30-90 days, depending on whether it was an F1 or F4.

Unfortunately, now that they've reduced the backlog and have mostly caught up, looks like the workloads are being shuffled around again.
Paper form approvals have increased to over 120+ days now. Even F1-efiles have gone up from 30 days to over 90+ currently.