Buyer beware of Advanced Armament/an ongoing experience

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ORSalesRep

Buyer beware of Advanced Armament/an ongoing experience

Post by ORSalesRep »

Hello,

I want to share the ridiculous customer service experience that I have had with Advanced Armament in order to hopefully spare others from having to deal with such a poor company. I would start by saying that I have 4 suppressors and three of them are AAC, so I have been a good and loyal customer. AAC used to have their act together but this appears to no longer be the case since Remington purchased them. It now seems that the executives at Remington and Freedom Group are not only content with running Remington into the ground, they also seek to ruin every other company that they get their meat hooks into.

Back in early May I began trying to purchase a Triad adapter for my suppressors. At the time their website was showing the item out of stock and would not allow me to place a back order. I called AAC and spoke with Nick. He informed me that the Triad adapter WAS in stock, but since they were in the process of moving, all inventory was boxed up and nothing was allocated to their online store. He agreed to take my order over the phone, but when he discovered that I was going to use a rebate code from the “Damn the Man” promo, he said he had no way of entering the order with a rebate code and that I would have to wait until the IT Department allocated the inventory to their online store and I would have to place the order online. He told me that it should be a week or two before the online store would be up and running again. I continued to check the website week by week with the adapter still not showing in stock. Finally on June 3rd (a month later), the adapter showed in stock and I placed my order online. To this day, I still do not have this adapter. I called AAC about ten days after placing my order and much to my surprise, it still had not shipped. I was told that they were having computer problems and had to manually re-enter 800 orders and ship that back log out, but not to worry, because my the adapter was allocated to my order and I would not lose my hold on the inventory. Each Monday for the next 4 weeks I called to follow up and each time I was told by either Nick or Nohh that the my order would ship by the end of that week and it never did. Finally, I spoke with Nohh on July 15th and I was told that my order was packaged and ready to ship. Nohh told me that UPS was scheduled to pick it up Friday, July 17th and that I would have it Wednesday, July 22nd. On July 24th at 1pm EST, I called and spoke with Nohh again after no adapter showed up and he then told me that it was scheduled to ship August 7th. I asked to speak with a manager and was met with a curt response, “you can talk to me.” I explained that I HAD been speaking with him and Nick for weeks and obviously it was not getting me anywhere. I again asked to speak with a manager and Nohh again met my request with the same short response. I then asked Nohh if he was denying my request to speak with a manager and he told me that he was the only one there. I asked him to take my contact information and have a manager call me before the end of business that day. I received no phone call. This situation is ridiculous. Believe it or not, I actually received my Form 1 approval to SBR the MPX pistol which I was purchasing the adapter for before I received an in stock item from Advanced Armament.

I would like to warn everyone to steer clear of Advanced Armament. Years ago, AAC had some of the best suppressor technology, but since that time, many other players have surpassed AAC’s development. Since Remington purchased AAC many of the key people who made AAC the company that it use to be have either been let go or moved on. Also, we have all seen the negative effects that The Freedom Group has had on Remington, since that purchase, so I guess S**T does roll downhill. So now that their are so many other good options available, I really hope that my warning is taken to heart by the members of this forum. If I can spare just one person the headaches that I have been dealing with from AAC, then my mission will have been accomplished. Thanks for letting me vent to the forum.

Regards,
SB
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Buyer beware of Advanced Armament/an ongoing experience

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Wow.

:shock:
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

Sad, but not surprising. I'm sitting on $200 worth of Damn The Man Credits that can only be used in the company store. Except for the fact that there's never anything in stock. Ever. :evil:

AAC is done as a viable option for future business as far as I'm concerned.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
cal50
Silent But Deadly

Post by cal50 »

Most companies target their market & support efforts.
In the suppressor industry there are several great ones that focus on the civilian market. Now that Remmy owns AAC it does not appear the civilian is not their target market or support. I own an M4-2000 from the 'old' AAC. At the time of purchase they stopped including the required mount for the suppressor. I played hell getting a mount waiting for my paperwork to transfer. AAC is not on my 1st choice list when shopping for a new can. Love the can but not the runaround.
Branded for life, in more ways than one
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

Remington group sucks . period/ AAC needs to change back or buy back . i love my tirant45 and had no problems .ive also got most of my damn the man stuff in , but waiting on another box and contacted them and still no word on when it is being shipped

sad to see , but maybe they can get back up . who knows . i know i will not be buying any in near future .
jpepp626

Post by jpepp626 »

AAC is no longer a viable option for me at all. It would take me and hour to explain the CS representative I encountered shortly after the mass exodus/Termination of the original employees.. Ohh, by the way, Kevin Brittingham WON every Lawsuit filed... That tells you something right their..
emrisg
Silent But Deadly

Post by emrisg »

My take is the employees at aac are good people. Nick always responds to my dumb ass emails and gets me headed down the right path. I ordered a mount from their website and a week later it showed up at my door from another company so they are doing something to get you what you need while they are moving.

I say let's give them a chance to get settled in at Huntsville before you write them off. Yes they got bought out and no it is not the same but aac is probably not moving because they want to. They have bosses now and probably did not have a lot of say in the matter.

I would be upset if I could not get a mount right now or my repair was in limbo so I totally understand people being upset.

They have always taken care of my issues in the past some which involved replacing cans at their cost.

I will say I am not buying any more of their products until the move shakes out and they become fully operational at their new facility but I am hoping they can turn it around.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

The final nail in the coffin would be "Remington" being engraved on the tubes. I can take a lot of punishment in life, but not that :roll:
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

emrisg wrote:...I say let's give them a chance to get settled in at Huntsville before you write them off. ..
How much more of a chance than two months should he give them? :lol:
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

quiettime wrote:
emrisg wrote:...I say let's give them a chance to get settled in at Huntsville before you write them off. ..
How much more of a chance than two months should he give them? :lol:
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
thebangswitch

Post by thebangswitch »

I see you shitty experience and raise you this: One of my friends recently got a sdn6 well 3 months down the road of minor use and his 51 tooth latch is worn and not engaging. So he sends it back to AAC and a month later he gets a box at his door and opens it up. Then he thinks to himself hmm this thing is longer then he remembers (that's what she said) so he takes a peak at the serial# and holy s--t!! This isn't his can in fact it's a 7.62sd. Now that's Fd up
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Isn't this the kind of stuff we used to make fun of Gemtech for?
saigatechusa
Silent Operator

Post by saigatechusa »

I have a friend who worked for AAC several years, and knows Kevin personally.......it's much worst than you can imagine.

Just sayin :mrgreen:
Bmountt

Post by Bmountt »

This is disappointing to hear. I was leaning toward the new tirant 45m. Guess I'll wait to see what Silencerco comes out with next
JohnnyUtah556

Post by JohnnyUtah556 »

thebangswitch wrote:I see you shitty experience and raise you this: One of my friends recently got a sdn6 well 3 months down the road of minor use and his 51 tooth latch is worn and not engaging. So he sends it back to AAC and a month later he gets a box at his door and opens it up. Then he thinks to himself hmm this thing is longer then he remembers (that's what she said) so he takes a peak at the serial# and holy s--t!! This isn't his can in fact it's a 7.62sd. Now that's Fd up
Holy s--t it's probably my 762SD! I've been wondering WTF has been takin so long! Longest turn around for a silencer repair from AAC, coincidence that they're now under Remington?
thebangswitch

Post by thebangswitch »

JohnnyUtah556 wrote:
thebangswitch wrote:I see you shitty experience and raise you this: One of my friends recently got a sdn6 well 3 months down the road of minor use and his 51 tooth latch is worn and not engaging. So he sends it back to AAC and a month later he gets a box at his door and opens it up. Then he thinks to himself hmm this thing is longer then he remembers (that's what she said) so he takes a peak at the serial# and holy s--t!! This isn't his can in fact it's a 7.62sd. Now that's Fd up
Holy s--t it's probably my 762SD! I've been wondering WTF has been takin so long! Longest turn around for a silencer repair from AAC, coincidence that they're now under Remington?

You live in Texas and were having baffles strikes?
prdubi
Silent But Deadly

Post by prdubi »

:|
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

I said this on Arfcom a while ago, but AAC is basically in the shitter. They claim to have brought in "some of Remington's best talent" but here's what they've given us lately:

1. Cancelled the Tirant 9, the country's most popular and quietest 9mm silencer, in favor of a new model which is louder in order to offer a feature no one cares about (eccentric Illusion).

2. Gave us the SR5 and SR7, $300 more than the M4-2k and SDN, yet vastly louder in independent testing, and the 90T mount is still inferior to the competition.

3. Gave us a stainless Prodigy clone when they already make a class-leading SS/Ti rimfire silencer.

4. Gave us a modular pistol silencer that you still can't buy, but Griffin has been selling a modular pistol silencer for a year.

5. Cancelled production of most of their popular AR firearms.

6. Offered a promo deal that is totally un-redeemable, making all of their recent customers feel like bait-and-switch victims and alienating all potential future customers.

7. Stopped answering the phones.

8. Fired all of the most popular core brand personnel.

They will have a very hard time recovering from this. How the annual Cerberus stockholders meeting is not a complete bloodbath is beyond me, they ruin every good company they purchase. AAC was the national sales leader and was making profit hand-over-fist when Kevin sold it.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

i only bought one last dec when the tirant 45 was on sale for 500 bucks , tirant9 for 400/ the tirants still sound sweet . but when i found out remington group bought out , i knew they were gone .
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

Are you holding down the latch while you thread it on or let it click over all the teeth? i always hold mine down so it doesn't wear things down.
thebangswitch

Post by thebangswitch »

ericlw wrote:Are you holding down the latch while you thread it on or let it click over all the teeth? i always hold mine down so it doesn't wear things down.

it's not my can but no he did not hold down the latch because that's stupid (that being said he is going to hold down the latch in the future :mrgreen: )
JohnnyUtah556

Post by JohnnyUtah556 »

thebangswitch wrote:
JohnnyUtah556 wrote:

You live in Texas and were having baffles strikes?
My 762SD is in now for the rounded off teeth on the latch, I sent in my TiRant a while ago because the LID housing was loosening up apparently wasn't locktited at the factory. They returned it and touched up the finish. I was impressed with the turnaround but this time (under new ownership) it seems like it's taking longer...
JohnnyUtah556

Post by JohnnyUtah556 »

In regards to the Damn The Man promotion, I watched the website like a hawk and with the right time redeemed my $400 on a 12.5 300blk upper, since the 9" was never in stock. Now I can't even seem to get timing shims and they're all out of stock.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Yep it seems that anything Remmy touches goes to crap and at least I saw that one from many miles away.

BTW How does it feel to be the man in the dam the man promotion? :lol:
tcba_joe
Silent But Deadly

Post by tcba_joe »

It's really too bad. The prices on some of their rifle cans are excellent; $550 for an 556SD or $615 for an M42K. With the M42K being such a well regarded classic performer it would be an excellent buy if all the company itself wasn't sucking so bad.