H&K and OSS still together?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Grounded
Silent But Deadly

H&K and OSS still together?

Post by Grounded »

I was on the H&K site today and noticed the SD model rifles they used to have up weren't there. Did they decide to go their own ways?
07/02 behind enemy lines
HK Nole

Re: H&K and OSS still together?

Post by HK Nole »

I believe they are still working together... just working out some legality issues pertaining to the transfer of the firearm and oss as a complete package.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Rumor at SHOT was that it was never HK Germany into OSS. It was HK USA, and last I heard there was an issue between Germany and USA, maybe HK USA looking to be sold. I don't know. Where there is smoke there is fire. Hard to say what anyone was thinking with an ultra expensive OSS HK rifle along with the backwards keymod system.

I wish them all luck, but I see almost no difference in the stuff Er3thra (or whatever the hell they are supposed to be called) and OSS is putting out. Let's call it "marketing driven" lifestyle and products. Many it's just not for me.
Grounded
Silent But Deadly

Post by Grounded »

este wrote:Rumor at SHOT was that it was never HK Germany into OSS. It was HK USA, and last I heard there was an issue between Germany and USA, maybe HK USA looking to be sold. I don't know. Where there is smoke there is fire. Hard to say what anyone was thinking with an ultra expensive OSS HK rifle along with the backwards keymod system.

I wish them all luck, but I see almost no difference in the stuff Er3thra (or whatever the hell they are supposed to be called) and OSS is putting out. Let's call it "marketing driven" lifestyle and products. Many it's just not for me.
HK USA is made by Wilcox in NH from what i understand.
07/02 behind enemy lines