Form 1 Paperwork change

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Post Reply
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Form 1 Paperwork change

Post by theserxtremedays » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:23 am

I've read through several forums etc and I am 99% sure I am thinking about this the right way. I previously had a form 1 approved for a 9mm caliber suppressor. I have decided I would rather build a 45 caliber, I have not done any construction whatsoever and I know all the multi caliber stuff is a no go. What I want to do is just change the listing on my paperwork to 45 caliber. It appears I just submit a letter to them informing them of the caliber change and they then approve that and mail it back to me. I know the other route would be to cancel the approved form 1 and submit a new one. I was not sure if anyone had gone one route of the other but it seemed submitting a letter informing them of my intent to change the caliber would be the easier and more efficient route to go. If anyone has done something along this line and has any helpful info I would appreciate it.

User avatar
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: Middlesex, NC

Re: Form 1 Paperwork change

Post by JasonNC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:38 pm

They made me withdrawal then resubmit. Had to wait 60 days to get my initial $200 too
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!

Post Reply