Suppressed Pistol, Which Make/Model??

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Suppressed Pistol, Which Make/Model??

Post by JJinParadise »

SO,, My Element 2 was approved on 8/28, waiting for the stamp,
And my Omega isn't "scheduled" until Oct..

This gives me time to work on my X-mas presesent.. :]

I have a several pistols but none are thread-able, with the exception of my SIG 938 and a couple 22lr.

My quandary: 9mm or 45 ACP, Sig, HK, 1911ish, or ??

Is there a goto make/model or are they all pretty much the same?

I would classify this as not ccw, maybe hunting backup, but primary home security and the range.

Opinions,, suggestions??

Thanks
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressed Pistol, Which Make/Model??

Post by ericdraven »

my sig mk25 is the best host for my tirant , sounds awesome
for 45 acp the hk in alot of tests is the best sounding for 45

i tried different hosts to get my best

all ears are different so try out some .what sounds good to me might sound like a train to you lol :lol: :D

and depending on what you are hunting for deadly large animals i would at the least have a 10mm then go up
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

ericdraven wrote:my sig mk25 is the best host for my tirant , sounds awesome
for 45 acp the hk in alot of tests is the best sounding for 45

i tried different hosts to get my best

all ears are different so try out some .what sounds good to me might sound like a train to you lol :lol: :D

and depending on what you are hunting for deadly large animals i would at the least have a 10mm then go up

Unless I'm after possum & squirrels, the pistol is back-up only.

Horse before the cart, but I'm leaning toward the Octane, Osprey or Ti-rant.
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

ericdraven wrote: for 45 acp the hk in alot of tests is the best sounding for 45
A fellow with an HK USP 45 and a TiRant was kind enough to let me run a mag through at the range one day and I have to say it was quite a pleasant combo to shoot.
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

When I bought my TiRant, this is what I bought for it...

http://www.impactguns.com/glock-19-9mm- ... 11231.aspx
Rooskibar123

Post by Rooskibar123 »

I'll second the MK 25. Quietest gun I have suppressed, well beside my other 226s.

Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

I absolutely love my MK25 as a suppressor host.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Is there much of a difference between the MK25 and the P226 in terms of using as a suppressor host?
F4D

Post by F4D »

My Ruger SR 22 is a perfect host for a 6" suppressor.
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

ncorry wrote:Is there much of a difference between the MK25 and the P226 in terms of using as a suppressor host?
You need to do some home work,, but I think some of the models, besides the threaded barrel, also have tall sights installed at the factory to clear some of the fatter cans. There is also grip kits & the number of mags.......

n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

ncorry wrote:Is there much of a difference between the MK25 and the P226 in terms of using as a suppressor host?
MK25 internals are parkerized for swimming in salt water, and it has a cool anchor and sticker on it. Otherwise, same gun. I have a 226 Elite which comes with a beavertail, most important feature to me other than the SRT trigger which I think the MK25 has as well.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

n.franklin wrote:
MK25 internals are parkerized for swimming in salt water, and it has a cool anchor and sticker on it. Otherwise, same gun. I have a 226 Elite which comes with a beavertail, most important feature to me other than the SRT trigger which I think the MK25 has as well.
Great. I have the 226 Elite too and was wondering if I was missing anything. Did you change the recoil spring weight on any of the 226 versions for running with a suppressor? I read on here or one of the other boards that someone had a frame or slide crack and recommended running a stronger spring. I tried replacing the stock spring with one of the heavier Wolff springs, but it refused to cycle with it.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Octane 45. And also get the 9mm endcap at Silencershop. Best all around.

Mystic X is a close second. But only because you cant shoot 40 and 45.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

A while back I picked up a FNH 45 Tactical for home defense. The magazine capacity was the selling point for me....15 rounds of 45 is all the firepower I should need hopefully. It's obviously a heavy bastard when fully loaded and wearing a can, but in a home defense situation I"m thinking I won't notice the weight much.

So, there's my suggestion....FNH 45. Knockdown power of a 45....magazine capacity of a 9mm. And shooting 15 rounds of a 45 without swapping mags is just fun :D
I've gotta stop this habit.
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

rimshaker wrote:Octane 45. And also get the 9mm endcap at Silencershop. Best all around.

I was thinking about the end cap swap. I already picked up a 5.56 end cap for the 7.62 Omega,, and it's one reason I have the Octane & T-Rant on the list.

Thanks,, and thanks for the other replies..

My list is now shorter,, the tipping point will probably end up being the "deal", functionally the upper end pistols are all similar.. I need some touchy-feely time with the candidates..

n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

ncorry wrote:
n.franklin wrote:
Great. I have the 226 Elite too and was wondering if I was missing anything. Did you change the recoil spring weight on any of the 226 versions for running with a suppressor? I read on here or one of the other boards that someone had a frame or slide crack and recommended running a stronger spring. I tried replacing the stock spring with one of the heavier Wolff springs, but it refused to cycle with it.
I haven't experienced any cracked slides, I use factory springs in all my guns.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

Just a couple corrections on the Sig Mk25, it does not have the SRT trigger and it does not have taller suppressor sights. It does have the phosphate coated internals and they do offer a threaded barrel version.
I'm waiting on an Octane 45 HD suppressor now. It can handle 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and even 10mm just by using the appropriate mount. Same mounts as the Osprey but the Octane 45 can be disassembled.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

No, the MK25 is a P226 with an anchor on it and maybe a couple finish differences depending on the process used at time of production.

It's a SIG P226 MK25 http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... -mk25.aspx

As for threads. I bought an RSR Group P226 a while back for the 1/2x28 threads. I'm not sure if all the RSR 9mm threaded SIGs have 1/2x28 threads but at the time RSR had an exclusive deal with SIG to produce 1x2x28 threads.

I went to my favorite LGS and got mine NIB for a reasonable price. There are a number of variants available MK25, Scorpion, Lone Star, etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=p226+rs ... p+threaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Sigop

Post by Sigop »

I am newer than new to silencers and just beginning my research. Interesting that I have a Sig MK25 and an HK USP Compact 45 and would like to get one silencer that would work on both guns.
Is that possible and reasonable?
Would quality be sacrificed by trying to get one can for 2 different jobs?
Best value options?

Thanks for any help folks. :?: :mrgreen:
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

Sigop wrote:I am newer than new to silencers and just beginning my research. Interesting that I have a Sig MK25 and an HK USP Compact 45 and would like to get one silencer that would work on both guns.
Is that possible and reasonable?
Would quality be sacrificed by trying to get one can for 2 different jobs?
Best value options?

Thanks for any help folks. :?: :mrgreen:
Check with SIG, The MK25 is a simple barrel switch, under 200USD with a little shopping around.
Probably the same for HK??