Silencerco's Maxim Vice Event Pictures! Check in!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Loki_stormbringer
Silent Operator

Re: Silencerco's Maxim Vice Event Pictures! Check in!

Post by Loki_stormbringer »

ericdraven wrote:unfortunately i see this gun flopping . its gonna be all kinds of bugs and not reliable . i dont see it catching on , but i might be wrong

They had many working prototypes at the event and have turned nothing but great products out for years. I don't see them failing at this.
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

Fireman1291 wrote: Image

So I noticed that these do not have extractors. Are they relying on the increased back pressure form the suppressor?
Don't be an internet tough guy...
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

Loki_stormbringer wrote:
ericdraven wrote:unfortunately i see this gun flopping . its gonna be all kinds of bugs and not reliable . i dont see it catching on , but i might be wrong

They had many working prototypes at the event and have turned nothing but great products out for years. I don't see them failing at this.

well lets revisit this thread in a couple years and see. not the right timing for these
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

In a sci-fi sort of way I think these look badass. In a less playful frame of mind... well, they look more than a bit silly. I expect they will sell well to the same sorts of folks who buy genuine katanas on eBay. Lots of character. As in role playing. No way to CC the thing. OC is going to make people think something along the lines of 'this guy is trouble.' Or maybe 'are they shooting a movie around here?'
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

Seriously who CC's a pistol with a suppressor? This would be a lot closer to being able to do it then ANYTHING on the market that I've seen anyway. Not saying this is for CC but I personally will be buying one when they become available. I wouldn't recommend an integral for anyone's first suppressor but if someone owns multiple suppressors this looks like something nice and different to add to someone's collection.
a_canadian wrote:In a sci-fi sort of way I think these look badass. In a less playful frame of mind... well, they look more than a bit silly. I expect they will sell well to the same sorts of folks who buy genuine katanas on eBay. Lots of character. As in role playing. No way to CC the thing. OC is going to make people think something along the lines of 'this guy is trouble.' Or maybe 'are they shooting a movie around here?'
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

thecameraman79 wrote:..This would be a lot closer to being able to do it then ANYTHING on the market that I've seen anyway...
Have to agree there.