Silencer Inc. < New kid on the block

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

SilencerInc

Silencer Inc. < New kid on the block

Post by SilencerInc »

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce Silencer Inc. We're excited to be launching our new cans and are officially "Open for Business".

We're a small company with just few principal goals; Make great cans & charge a great price! We've spent quite some time determining how to trim the fat out of our processes and procedures to offer the lowest cost silencers we can! We're currently only offering 2 models, the Doomsday 5.56 ($300) & the Doomsday .30 ($350) to keep production lean and easy! We're tying the most efficient and relevant designs to the most efficient and relevant manufacturing methods! All our cans are 2 piece construction, a registered part and a welded baffle stack. Simple.

For some, Silencers and the NFA game has been cost prohibitive and we want to change that! As much as we try to steer clear of the term "grassroots", it's what we are. We're growing and we're adding new customers and dealers daily! You can check us out at http://www.silencerinc.com or check out our Facebook page at Silencer Inc.

Hit us up with any questions or comments you might have, we'll be happy to talk anytime! Thanks in advance and we look forward to working with you!

P.S. Please do not let our low cost fool you into thinking that it equates to low quality in product or service! You will not be disappointed!

Thanks again,
The Silencer Inc. Team.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Silencer Inc. < New kid on the block

Post by thecameraman79 »

Probably not ideal to try and promote a brand new company and include a website that is down less then 2 hours later.
SilencerInc

Post by SilencerInc »

thecameraman79 wrote:Probably not ideal to try and promote a brand new company and include a website that is down less then 2 hours later.
Amen, and frankly quite embarrassing, but problem solved. Thanks for letting us know. Working fine on this end, so we couldn't see it!

Kudos to you. Let me know if you're ever in there shopping, I've got a discount code for you (I'll make sure it works :wink: ).
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

It happens. At least your up and running now.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Looks like you have a good approach and you've entered the market at a good time. Hopefully you have an effective enough product to hang in there.

Heck, even a lot of guys who already have expensive "mufflers" will buy one at that price just to beat on, throw in the truck, or take to the hunting camp...if it works
Ash

Post by Ash »

+1 for having a vision and stepping into a competitive market with a great attitude and price!
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Maybe it's the fact I'm on a work computer but the website is still real janky.
ETA: works on my phone just fine.
So am I only seeing length and weight for the .30cal?

556 specs please
Kanook
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kanook »

Copied from the 556 specs

General Information
Supported Calibers 5.56, 5.45, 5.7
Minimum Barrel Length 11 inch
External
Tube 17-4 Stainless Steel
Coating Black Oxide
Internal
Material 17-4 Stainless Steel
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

Kanook wrote:Copied from the 556 specs

General Information
Supported Calibers 5.56, 5.45, 5.7
Minimum Barrel Length 11 inch
External
Tube 17-4 Stainless Steel
Coating Black Oxide
Internal
Material 17-4 Stainless Steel
Exactly
What does it weigh?
How long is it?
SilencerInc

Post by SilencerInc »

Bradpierson26 wrote:Maybe it's the fact I'm on a work computer but the website is still real janky.
ETA: works on my phone just fine.
So am I only seeing length and weight for the .30cal?

556 specs please
You are correct, it wasn't there... (it is now!). For some reason certain information from the test site did not transfer over to the real site.

Appreciate the call outs and helping us catch some of the glitches!
SilencerInc

Post by SilencerInc »

Bradpierson26 wrote: Exactly
What does it weigh?
How long is it?
Also, just to answer here:

Doomsday 5.56
Length: 7"
Weight: 14oz
Dia: 1.330"

Doomsday .30
Length: 8.75"
Weight: 16oz
Dia: 1.330"
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Direct thread only, or is there a flashhider and/or brake available?
SilencerInc

Post by SilencerInc »

eastern_hunter wrote:Direct thread only, or is there a flashhider and/or brake available?
Direct thread only for now. We have and will continue to explore other options down the road, but this mission revolves around simplicity and cost at the moment. We want to keep our cans as affordable as possible. We'll continue to grow the product portfolio eventually, but the plan then is to make the upgrades and accessories priced in the same manner we're working the silencers.
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

I must say, I like the rather utilitarian look. How do they sound? Specifically, the .30?
ikickhippies

Post by ikickhippies »

So according to your about us link this is your address. http://www.silencerinc.com/index.php?ro ... ation_id=4

And according to Google that would make it a UPS store. https://www.google.com/maps/place/732+ ... 296718d6ab

There are only 2 07's in the city of Niles. Dawson Sports and Performance Machining.
Dawson Sports has a FB page. https://www.facebook.com/DawsonSports?r ... 9131311966. Performance Machining does not.

So are you guys Performance Machining DBA'ing as silencer incorporated?

Also very interesting, did you guys buy that domain? Because it still shows registered to a Steve Roddell who also owns Huntertown Arms' domain. And he's listed in IN, which is where Huntertown Arms is.

http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=w ... cerinc.com
http://www.ipgeni.com/whois/huntertownarms.com

I'm not really calling you guys out but I personally would have a 0% interest in buying a can from an 07/02 that operates out of a UPS store. it doesn't really instill confidence. Also the question of affiliation is there between you guys and Huntertown.
Proverbs 13:20- He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Check out Sherlock here lol
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Huntertown Arms :lol:
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

If you can deliver a decent 5.56 can for $300, I don't care if your FFL is located in the back of a UPS van. I like the overall business attitude. Contrary to the stereotype, there are some of us in the NFA game that aren't living in 5000 sq ft. homes, driving brand new SLRs and wearing a different Rolex each day of the week. Good on you guys. I like guns quiet, but I don't like having to do a monthly budget to see if I can work in the cost of a can.
HansohnBrothers

Post by HansohnBrothers »

ikickhippies wrote:So according to your about us link this is your address. http://www.silencerinc.com/index.php?ro ... ation_id=4

And according to Google that would make it a UPS store. https://www.google.com/maps/place/732+ ... 296718d6ab

There are only 2 07's in the city of Niles. Dawson Sports and Performance Machining.
Dawson Sports has a FB page. https://www.facebook.com/DawsonSports?r ... 9131311966. Performance Machining does not.

So are you guys Performance Machining DBA'ing as silencer incorporated?

Also very interesting, did you guys buy that domain? Because it still shows registered to a Steve Roddell who also owns Huntertown Arms' domain. And he's listed in IN, which is where Huntertown Arms is.

http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=w ... cerinc.com
http://www.ipgeni.com/whois/huntertownarms.com

I'm not really calling you guys out but I personally would have a 0% interest in buying a can from an 07/02 that operates out of a UPS store. it doesn't really instill confidence. Also the question of affiliation is there between you guys and Huntertown.
But Performance Machine also has an 08 (DBA On Sight Armory) and that website domain is maintained by Kyle Millan. Based on that it would seem SilencerInc isn't affiliated with Performance Machining. The plot thickens.
Hansohn Brothers, LLC
Culpeper, VA
www.HansohnBrothers.com
540-748-8155
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Tap...to see how this is going to end.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Kramer wrote:Tap...to see how this is going to end.
I pooped on the party over in ARFCOM by pointing out an address on a web page has nothing to do with FFL premises.

My suggestion is pick up the phone and call the number listed if one wants to know more.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

ikickhippies I am the one who reposted the info you provided over on the other forum. Sorry I didn't properly reference it and for any grief I may have caused. I find the address part inconsequential but I am very interested in the affiliation with Huntertown Arms.
Last edited by JasonNC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
Bradpierson26
Silent Operator

Post by Bradpierson26 »

JasonNC wrote:ikickhippies I am the one who reposted the info you provided over on the other forum. Sorry I didn't properly reference it and for any grief I may have caused. I find the address part inconsequential but I am very interested in the affliction with Huntertown Arms.
Although the word affliction might have an ironic meaning here, I assume you meant affiliation. Lol
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

What's the minimum barrel length for a 308?

JW
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

Bradpierson26 wrote: Although the word affliction might have an ironic meaning here, I assume you meant affiliation. Lol
Yes lol I need to quit posting from my phone or reread my posts before hitting submit.