Looking at buying a new can opinions please

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

edteach
Senior Silent Operator

Looking at buying a new can opinions please

Post by edteach »

I bought a TAC65 a few years back and for the 89 bucks I spent it has been a great way to get my feet wet. I am looking at buying a 45 can with 9mm booster. I have seen the Osprey 45 and for the 700 bucks it seems nice. I can get a trust set up for 99 bucks and get past the Sarasota Sheriff dept that will not sign. What is the opinion on the Osprey?
DOGON
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking at buying a new can opinions please

Post by quiettime »

I'd rather have the Octane. User serviceable is important in a pistol can, although some here will tell you different. Also has less first round pop than the Osprey, some here don't worry about that either. I'd rather have the Octane.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

quiettime wrote:I'd rather have the Octane. User serviceable is important in a pistol can, although some here will tell you different. Also has less first round pop than the Osprey, some here don't worry about that either. I'd rather have the Octane.
Thats what I went with. The Octane 45 shares pistons with the Osprey but comes apart for cleaning. I'm also not a big fan of the Osprey's odd look as well as having to clock it correctly on each gun.
Anyway, I'm waiting on my Octane 45 to clear NFA jail and already have a Yankee Hill Machine Cobra M2 in .45. The various mounts for the YHM Cobra M2 are very reasonably priced and YHM customer service was top notch with me.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

I just put in for the griffin armament revolution 45. Very excited about a regular and k can in one. Otherwise I secomd the octane. Excellent all around can.
edteach
Senior Silent Operator

Post by edteach »

I filled out the form 4 today,, shop has been issued a serial no but has not gotten the can yet. No big deal as they will get it soon. I also was told that they will let me shoot it in the firing range but I naturally have to leave it at the shop when I leave the indoor range. Nice way to get used to the can.
DOGON
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

edteach wrote:I filled out the form 4 today,,.
Which one, Osprey?
edteach
Senior Silent Operator

Post by edteach »

quiettime wrote:
edteach wrote:I filled out the form 4 today,,.
Which one, Osprey?
Ya, the Osprey. Its been a couple of weeks and no charge by ATF to my CC yet.
DOGON
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

The Osprey is a great can! You will enjoy it.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K