SIG P220 threaded barrel Q's

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JJinParadise
Silent Operator

SIG P220 threaded barrel Q's

Post by JJinParadise »

I picked up a use P220 carry Elite Black last week, for a very nice price.

The carry uses the 3.9 inch barrel and SIG does not make a threaded version for that size.

After talking to the SIG fora, I picked up a P220 "full" size 4.4 inch barrel. The plan is to have it threaded. The barrel protrudes out approximately .56 inch

I pulled the Silencerco 578 x 24 threading specs and it stated that the threaded area should be .438 long,, BUT the minimum protrusion should be .650.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco ... 578x28.pdf

I understand the mechanics of floating barrels like the 1911 and SIG. It looks like the sig has less barrel tilt when fully racked, but that's my eyes..

Anyone have any experience with SIG P220 threaded protrusion and/or home threading??

Could someone measure their P220 protrusion?? Total length and the just the threaded part??

Thanks
JJ
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Re: SIG P220 threaded barrel Q's

Post by Artful »

I don't have a threaded barrel for my 220 but I can measure the barrel with the slide back if that will help?

Is this the barrel you need?
http://store.sigsauer.com/barrel-p220-p ... ached.html
Barrel, P220, P227, .45ACP, Compact/Carry
Price: $199.00 Availability: In stock
Qty:
ADD TO CART
Add to Wishlist
Barrel, P220, P227, .45ACP, Compact/Carry
Zoom
Move your mouse over image
or click to enlarge
Details
Replacement barrel for SIG SAUER P220CO, chambered in .45ACP. SIG SAUER factory replacement pistol barrels are specially heat-treated for toughness and durability.
Additional Information
Gun Model P220
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Re: SIG P220 threaded barrel Q's

Post by JJinParadise »

Thanks for the reply..

Little update: I now have both the 3.9 inch & 4.4 inch SIG barrels.

I had a conversation with two engineers in the SIG suppressor shop. They pulled out the drawings and informed me that I should be able to thread the 4.4 barrel for a ACC T-Rant and use the AAC Nielsen adapter for pistols with guide rods. AAC has two versions of the adapter, in 578x28 (37/64"). The other is for traditional 1911style pistols, with a recoil spring "plug". The difference is the length or amount of adapter that extends past the can body.

REF: Link to PDF file of the AAC threading requirements, look at page 10 & 11.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/assets ... 040513.PDF
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"