Huntertown Customer Service Is Horrible

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

stretchec

Huntertown Customer Service Is Horrible

Post by stretchec »

So I have a Huntertown guardian 22. I bought it originally because, first off it was cheap, but second off I heard great things about their warranty coverage. Fast forward a couple years and the warranty appears to have changed and you can't get a hold of the company for service, even if you are will pay for the fix. In hindsight I don't recommend them.

However, since I have them I want my can fixed. I had an end cap strike that messed up the crown of the can. I'd like to get a replacement end cap to resolve the issue. I tried to submit a repair request a few times over the past month, but their site is retarded and keeps telling me to upload a form 4, which i keep doing and yet no luck. Maybe their way of lightening their work load, don't have to respond if customers can't submit. So I sent everything they needed via their 'contact us' form a couple times now and still no response.

Any one have any luck getting a hold of them? I'd like this resolved but I don't like playing the waiting game. Figured someone here may have dealt with this already and would be willing to provide some tips. TIA
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Huntertown Customer Service Is Horrible

Post by rimshaker »

stretchec wrote:So I have a Huntertown guardian 22. I bought it originally because, first off it was cheap,
Welcome. Not to be a smartass here, but cheap prices are the biggest reason for disappointments/regrets when obtaining a can.
I'm sure someone will chime in with some Huntertown experiences.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

If they don't come through you can still have the can fixed by another 07/02 manufacturer.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

rimshaker wrote:
stretchec wrote:So I have a Huntertown guardian 22. I bought it originally because, first off it was cheap,
Welcome. Not to be a smartass here, but cheap prices are the biggest reason for disappointments/regrets when obtaining a can.

Tell that to AWC or Gemtech can owners in need of customer service. :roll:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Only cheap can I have is a 22 Kestrel. Sorry to hear that Huntertown has turned into a disaster. May have to have that little fella recored at some point. Works ok with the old High Standard pistol and the Savage FVSR that I use it with.

Glad I went with Octanes, Specwar, and Sakers after.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

rimshaker wrote:

Too many whine about the price of the can and tax and make an even bigger mistake by buying cheap.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

first mistake . dont buy cheap .

its ok to buy cheap things at dollar store not a gun store or suppressor dealer

i dunno how many times ive read about cheap cans and be sad

SAVE UP , the hurt will be a lot less after 5 months of waiting
shopsmart

Post by shopsmart »

Call their number. Talk to the dolos system sales guy. Option 5 I think. Try every extension for a week or so.

Baring that, contact Tim at Copper Custom (MAC or military arms channel guy). I have spoken to him about HTA extensively. Don't know if I believe what he had to say about the company but he knows the owner of HTA I think. Get ahold of Tim and see if he can relay something.

I hammered away at HTA for 2 years to get my baffles unfubared that I caused, but they just replaced them all free of charge and upgraded the can due to the paper trail I had and the persistance. After that, I won't touch their products and spread the word. DON'T buy HTA.