This May Become a Problem

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

SoZoomMe

This May Become a Problem

Post by SoZoomMe »

I just sent the paper work in for my first silencer (Spectre II) this week. I thought what the hey, I'm already waiting for one, so why not wait on another at the same time? Today I purchased an Octane 45. I can see this becoming a problem. :D
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: This May Become a Problem

Post by AlabamaPaul »

There's no known cure for NFA addiction...
Last edited by AlabamaPaul on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Yep, silencers are very addictive. Soon you'll be looking at SBRs too.
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Post by BlogSarge »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Yep, silencers are very addictive. Soon you'll be looking at SBRs too.
Amen brother! It is indeed a slippery slope. Got two cans and about to order another. Got one lower on a form 1 right now and another ready to be filed.... It will never end!
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

I'm waiting on 6 cans & 2 aows
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

I went with the overlap/staggered approach. That way i'm too busy having fun with one can, while not noticing the wait on the next can in process.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Yep, silencers are very addictive. Soon you'll be looking at SBRs too.
Yep, cans got me started, now I am building a SBR in 300 AAC BO. I've gone about as far as I can with this build until the form gets approved, or heaven forbid, turned down. Then it will be a 16 incher.

What got me at first was it is not only the cost of the can but adapters, boosters threaded barrels and other needed accessory items.

If there was actually much of a used market for cans it wouldn't pinch so bad. Really do seem to be a lifetime investment.

I still love them though. :D
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

AlabamaPaul wrote:There s no known cure for NFA addiction...
That's the truth brother.....8 cans....3 sbr's....1 sbs ! And if I get a SIG MPX, that'll be another $200. :mrgreen:
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
Chorizo

Post by Chorizo »

Two in Form 4 jail (been 4 months so they should be out soon!) one arriving next week from Form 3 transfer and one just started the Form 3 wait.

Luckily I have access to use some while I wait for mine.

The addiction is horrible. No such thing as "One and Done".
C.fogler93

Post by C.fogler93 »

I'm just coming on the suppressor scene. I'm excited about one but now I'm scared my pay days will be funded towards many more cans!
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Post by BlogSarge »

C.fogler93 wrote:I'm just coming on the suppressor scene. I'm excited about one but now I'm scared my pay days will be funded towards many more cans!

Give in. Resistance is futile......
Bluewidowr1

Post by Bluewidowr1 »

jreinke wrote:
That's the truth brother.....8 cans....3 sbr's....1 sbs ! And if I get a SIG MPX, that'll be another $200. :mrgreen:
Sounds similar to me, 6 cans 4 SBR's, 1 AOW and that damn MPX will get you every time.

The electrical tape on the mag well is for trust opsec, I'm sure we all understand.
Last edited by Bluewidowr1 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoZoomMe

Post by SoZoomMe »

Sounds similar to me, 6 cans 4 SBR's, 1 AOW and that damn MPX will get you every time.

The electrical tape on the mag well is for trust opsec, I'm sure we all understand.[/quote]

Very nice!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

The addiction is strong with these kind of toys. 14 cans and 2 sbr's in about 3 years. I'm done for now though. Had to take a huge paycut in April of this year and I'm feeling it now. :(

Thanks a bunch Obamacare and Walgreens....y'all SUCK!
I've gotta stop this habit.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Nothing but a bunch of addicts here... :lol:
Gyrkin

Post by Gyrkin »

D9M9TR9S wrote:Nothing but a bunch of addicts here... :lol:
Not me. I only have one can, and tha't all I'm gonna have......honest.......OK I was looking at some nice pistol cans, but I'm not gonna buy one.......honest........quit laughing.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Gyrkin wrote:
D9M9TR9S wrote:Nothing but a bunch of addicts here... :lol:
Not me. I only have one can, and tha't all I'm gonna have......honest.......OK I was looking at some nice pistol cans, but I'm not gonna buy one.......honest........quit laughing.

paaaa haaaa haaaa......OK man. If you say so. Nobody can buy just one. Maybe one at a time....but never just one and done.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Tony M.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tony M. »

I have more money tied up in just the tax stamps themselves than most of my friends have tied up in guns.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

The 9mm SBR AR with an Octane on it gets the most attention from my friends, my AC556 is a close second.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Bluewidowr1 wrote:
jreinke wrote:

The electrical tape on the mag well is for trust opsec, I'm sure we all understand.
How is the performance of the mpx so far? I've seen horror stories on YouTube and other forums. From misalignment to problems with the trigger, and even installing aftermarket parts. I'm really felling the mpx but don't minded going to the CZ SCO.

also 2 cans and 1 SBR
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

First 100 rounds with handloads and Fiocchi 158 gr FMJ and an Octane 9HD have been quietly superb! ;-)
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

eastern_hunter wrote:quietly superb! ;-)
:lol: I see what you did there!
Marsblue

Post by Marsblue »

I went the dealer/manufacturer route myself. I want to keep everything that comes through my shop. Have had to limit myself to a few demo pieces... can't be getting high on my own supply :) well, maybe a little.
SoZoomMe

Post by SoZoomMe »

Okay, got the stamp for the Spectre II yesterday. Christmas in March! Hopefully the stamp for the Octane will follow soon. You guys don't know how prophetic you are. I have an MPX on order and will Form 1 it as soon as I receive it. I was lucky enough to find a Sig collapsible stock for it. Those things are kind of like unicorns.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

SoZoomMe wrote:I just sent the paper work in for my first silencer (Spectre II) this week. I thought what the hey, I'm already waiting for one, so why not wait on another at the same time? Today I purchased an Octane 45. I can see this becoming a problem. :D
What's the problem? You can't use a Spectre II on your .45!