K Baffle Suppressor Set-Up

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

C.fogler93

K Baffle Suppressor Set-Up

Post by C.fogler93 »

Bear with me as I'm a new user and relatively new to the whole concept. I'm a machinist and I've been interested in starting the process to manufacture my own suppressor for a Glock 19. I've gotten a lot of good information off of other threads, however, I'm curious as to how most people keep the K baffles together? Do you press them in with an interference fit or weld them? Or both? Additionally, some users have a just a essentially a chamber before the baffles and some incorporate the spring. What are the benefits of using a spring versus a machined and bored chamber before the baffles?

Thanks!
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Re: K Baffle Suppressor Set-Up

Post by Historian »

As a start, K-baffles stack like TootsieRoll sections.

One picture can be found on << http://i.imgur.com/LhDwi.jpg >>

Good presentation on YOuTUbe ... search 'K Baffle'.

Springs spacers are not a good idea for many reasons. Only
.22 silencer with spring separators was the ~1950's 'French
Silencer', a knock off of the Parker Hale 1935 design.
C.fogler93

Post by C.fogler93 »

Thanks!

From what I see the baffles are just held together with the two caps and the outter sleeve then? Some tight tolerances. Seems like it would be .0005" plus or minus project
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

You are over complicating the wheel. The force of the blast will push baffles forward and the carbon/gunk build up with fix any baffle wobble in place after 10 shots. The spring you speak of could be a spacer if so a solid sleeve spacer or a fluted one would be better or the spring you speak of could be for the booster section which is needed for certain types of pistols to cycle reliably with the weight of the silencer torquing down on the barrel trying to keep it locked into the breech.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

C.fogler93 wrote:Bear with me as I'm a new user and relatively new to the whole concept. I'm a machinist and I've been interested in starting the process to manufacture my own suppressor for a Glock 19. I've gotten a lot of good information off of other threads, however, I'm curious as to how most people keep the K baffles together? Do you press them in with an interference fit or weld them? Or both? Additionally, some users have a just a essentially a chamber before the baffles and some incorporate the spring. What are the benefits of using a spring versus a machined and bored chamber before the baffles?

Thanks!

Check out the Silencersmithing section on this web site this should answer all of your questions

Cheers
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most