Help a newbie, please ?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

1badbagger

Help a newbie, please ?

Post by 1badbagger »

I sent the $$$ for 2 stamps, 1 for a new YHM Phantom and the other stamp for a suppressor I want to build. I work in a CNC shop.
Both checks were cashed back on July 8, 2015. I got my stamp back Friday , 10/06/15 ( 4 months ) and picked up my YHM Ti Phantom.
The other stamp is for a home made can but didn't include "plans and specs" of said can and so they kicked it back.
Can anyone guide me to "plans and specs" I can send them so as to get them to approve my stamp for a home made can please? I want to do ALOT of research and reading up on cans before I decide what type/style/design I want to go with, but I want the stamp here for when I'm ready to make it.
Look forward to gleaning ALOT of good info here.
Thanks for any and all help.
1badbagger

Re: Help a newbie, please ?

Post by 1badbagger »

Hey, thanks for ALL the replies to my question/post guys. Great websight full of info and help.
Apparently helping the new guy isn't done around here.
:twisted:
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

F--k you?
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

In the past, plans and specs were not required. Maybe your form 1 was missing the length or caliber information, just a guess. You probably will need to call them.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

TROOPER wrote:F--k you?
No, I'm sticking with this answer.

The first two responses summed up this guy just fine. Looking for information.... check.... butt-hurt emo-whore when he doesn't get free, quality information from a free website in the time he deems sufficient... check.

Maybe I'm just in a mood, here, but etiquette-wise, it might've just been better to "bump" the thread to keep it near the top. I don't know if I've been too busy or something, but this is the first time I've noticed this thread.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

You are planning on building a F-1 suppressor but have no knowledge of the process or the laws.Your not even posting in the proper area of this web site for information that is in print.Educate yourself enough to ask intelligent questions.

Trooper you may be abrupt but always honest!

-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895