Next Can Suggestions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

cpc989

Next Can Suggestions

Post by cpc989 »

I know this topic comes up a lot and I read the forum a lot but I feel like the answer depends on what guns the individual has and what cans they already have.
I think I've got it narrowed down to another 9mm or 45 can, probably a 45.
Cans I have:
sdn6
evo9
sparrow

Gun wise I have the usual suspects (AR- 300blk and 556, ak's 1911s) . Only pistol that is threaded is my glock. I may get another glock at some point but also like fnx tactical.

I think my next gun will be some subgun variant. I love my 8inch 300 blk and mk18. Im not sure if it will be a mp5 clone, sig mpx when they come out with gen2 upper / shorter barrel, or the lwrc subgun - it looks awesome.

If I do end up getting a 9mm subgun, will I lose that much db in using a 45 can instead of a 9mm can? Anything else to take into consideration when using a 45 over a 9 ? Would it help or hurt cycling (assuming help since less added pressure).

I guess long story short what can would you suggest that would likely be used on a subgun (non fullato) with possible secondary double duty on 300blk or a pistol
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Re: Next Can Suggestions

Post by ericdraven »

i have a AAC tirant 45 , there is hardly any difference in sound to my ears from 45 to 9 . i got the 45 tirant because of different calibers i can use with piston changes.

also have 4 22 cans and waiting on 5 .lol

use one on my ps90
Liberty Suppress

Post by Liberty Suppress »

Take a look at our Mystic X. It is multi caliber rated and works exceptionally well on 9mm and 300 BLK not to mention a host of other calibers.

Tim@Liberty
Liberty Suppressors
"Maker of the world's greatest firearm suppressors."
www.libertycans.net
706-661-6911
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

little off topic . Liberty i just got my regulator out of atf jail friday , i love this can lol!!! awesome quality and scary quiet
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Post by savagetactical »

I think you are putting the cart before the horse. I recommend figuring out which firearm you want to suppress next, then picking the appropriate can will be much easier.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

There isn't a pistol can that will handle full pressure 300 AAC, so be sure you factor that into the equation.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Kanook
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kanook »

RJT wrote:There isn't a pistol can that will handle full pressure 300 AAC, so be sure you factor that into the equation.
Ya might want to look at the Liberty Mystic "X"
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Kanook wrote:
RJT wrote:There isn't a pistol can that will handle full pressure 300 AAC, so be sure you factor that into the equation.

I don't consider the Mystic X a dedicated pistol can, and the OP was considering a 9mm or .45 can. My "advice" is correct. ;-)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Kanook
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Kanook »

RJT wrote:
Kanook wrote:

I don't consider the Mystic X a dedicated pistol can, and the OP was considering a 9mm or .45 can. My "advice" is correct. ;-)
The OP makes no mention a "dedicated pistol can". Only a can that will handle a possible 9mm sub-gun purchase, a current 8" 300 blkout, 223, and a current Glock.

So far the Mystic "X" will handle all 4 of those. It will not handle the 45.