Need Help Picking 30cal can for around $600

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wat50

Need Help Picking 30cal can for around $600

Post by Wat50 »

I have read so many forums, articles, and reviews my head is about to explode. Every time I think I have decided which one to buy I read something that changes my mind putting me back to square 1.

Info: Primary use will be on Sig 5.56 piston ar with 16" barrel. Also plan on using it with my 300wm, 308, and (hopefully in the near future) 300 blackout . Will be used mostly for Varmit hunting on the AR with traveling through terrain so the smaller and lighter is better. Don,t want to sacrifice considerable performance so I can get over it being around 8" and 20oz.

Major factor is the $$$ budget, I originally wanted to be around $500 but if I need to spend another $100 to gain superior upgrade to justify squeezing the budget I could.

Most likely buying through silencershop since my trust is through them.
Cans i have been looking at are: Sig Sauer SRD762 or the QD, AAC 762-SD, SilencerCo Harvester, AAC Cyclone, and YHM Phantom M2.

Really need to try and stay on the lower end of the price range but I don't want junk, it has has to be a quality can for the price. All opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you.
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Re: Need Help Picking 30cal can for around $600

Post by jimbo45 »

I have an aac 762-sdn-6 and its been a good can. I would imagine then that the new aac 762 would be fine. I'm also pretty sure most people like the yhm phantoms but I have no personal experience. I personally would go for a qd can.
Wat50

Post by Wat50 »

jimbo45 wrote:I have an aac 762-sdn-6 and its been a good can. I would imagine then that the new aac 762 would be fine. I'm also pretty sure most people like the yhm phantoms but I have no personal experience. I personally would go for a qd can.
I have head a lot of good from the YHM Phantom M2 so and also for the Sig Sauer. Would like to get the SRD762QD but it isn't rated to 300wm but the direct thread on is.
so right now I would say thhat my choices are between the M2 and the SRD762. So between the two what are yals input?
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

Wat50 wrote:
jimbo45 wrote:I have an aac 762-sdn-6 and its been a good can. I would imagine then that the new aac 762 would be fine. I'm also pretty sure most people like the yhm phantoms but I have no personal experience. I personally would go for a qd can.
I have head a lot of good from the YHM Phantom M2 so and also for the Sig Sauer. Would like to get the SRD762QD but it isn't rated to 300wm but the direct thread on is.
so right now I would say thhat my choices are between the M2 and the SRD762. So between the two what are yals input?

AAC cyclone $495 plus you can do easy pay on the cans
http://www.capitolarmory.com/advanced-a ... essor.html
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

jdasilva wrote:
Wat50 wrote:

AAC cyclone $495 plus you can do easy pay on the cans

300WM will blow the Cyclone up.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Save a little longer for the Omega. Other than price it sounds like it meets your needs quite well.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
camar068

Post by camar068 »

Wat50 wrote:
New to forum. Glad I came across it. Looking for first can in the same boat, except I have my 300 already.

Thanks for post and replies
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

Look at the sig cans maybe
NP
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

jdasilva wrote:AAC cyclone $495 plus you can do easy pay on the cans
Off Topic, but this is an interesting finance model.
It takes 4-12months to get your F4. So why not break into 4-6 monthly payments? First month goes to NFA tax. Then 200-250$ a month until paid off. Then mails to Dlr.
That way 200$ is the non-refundable deposit. Many MNFRs don't have enough items in stock. Yet it's necessary to have Serial# bf f4 is filed. There have been MANY complaints on the Site of Mnfrs taking yrs to ship cans, if ever. Some have even been sued for non-fulfillment of contract.
Of course, smaller mnfrs have to invest in capital improvements prior to any income being generated. So they have to pay up front and then hope to get orders.

It'd be neat if buyers could purchase 1 share of LLC stock that would entitle them to 1 can. Maybe $2000 for Preferred A-Stock? $650 for C-share?
Would company ownership help sidestep NFA tax?
If no answers from Lawyers, I'll repost on Legal and Polit sub-forum.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Allsmiles

Post by Allsmiles »

I have a Silencerco Harvester 30 and have been very happy with it as it for primary hunting. Light and easy to use with easy direct thread mounts. Cost is right where you are looking for. Here is a link to where I got mine at and have been very happy with their customer service.

http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/sicoharv.htm

BTW, they just hosted a Silencerco outing with lots of different guns and cans to try out.