Recommend me a K length pistol suppressor.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

domestique

Recommend me a K length pistol suppressor.

Post by domestique »

Hello,

I already have an Octane 9 and 45 HD for quiet backyard fun.

I'm looking for a K length suppressor for a sub gun (CZ scorpion) and for HD (staged with gel/grease).

I'm currently looking at:

Octane 45k
Griffin Revolution 9mm (in K length)
Griffin Revolution 45 (in K length)

I've ruled out the Omega K/Osprey K because I desire it to be user serviceable, and when CZ releases a longer handguard, I want it to fit under the rail. I've also ruled out the Optimus, because I want my paperwork submitted before any potential 41P issues arise..... I'm also covered on 30 cal. rifle suppressors. 3-lug is not a requirement, but I really like the Griffin 3-lug mount/design better than SiCo's due to length. If it came to the Octane 45K, I would just run the fixed adapter. I'm not dead set on the suppressor being 45, but the added versatility would be a plus, and would be my HD go to on my FNX 45 tactical.

Questions:
So, am I losing too much performance shooting 9mm through a 45K can?
Are there any other sub 6.5" pistol cans I should be looking at?

Thank you.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Re: Recommend me a K length pistol suppressor.

Post by JeffWard »

I went with the Octane 45K as my first pistol can.

I think it simply has the best combo of versatility, weight, suppression, and price. The guys at Silencer Shop test them all. I spoke to one of their tech guys, and he said it was almost impossible to tell the difference between the K and the full length Octane on a 9mm. Both were very quiet.

I'm guessing an Octane 9 end-cap would fit...

And it's backed up by SilencerCo's no-doubts CS.

JW
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

I would go with the Griffin Rev as you are essentially getting both a full-size and K can with one stamp.
Last edited by AlabamaPaul on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKDOC
Silent Operator

Post by AKDOC »

Really depends on how many cans you think you will be getting in the future. I already have a octane 9 and 45 so I got a 45K. No reason for me to get revolution because I don't think I would every change configuration since I have cans dedicated to certain guns and calibers. Still however might get the optimus just because of how cool it is.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

I have a Griffin Armament Revolution 45 pending which can be configured in either full size or the K configuration but I hear that changing the configuration from one to the other is less than ideal, so yesterday I purchased a Silencerco Octane 45K which I have contemplated on many occasions. I will be happy to add that to my collection in about 4.5 months
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
domestique

Post by domestique »

PM sent AK.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am looking hard at the 45K. It is only a hair longer than the Rev45K, but meters a lot better when shooting 45.

I already have a fullsize 9 and 45, and don't see myself ever using the Rev45K in fullsize mode.
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

If you have no plans of using Revolution in full size then I think a dedicated K can is the way to go and the Octane 45 K is that can.
It is not the Death Rattle in the throat of Western civilization which is surprising: it is the fact that millions of Americans believe that the death rattle is a beautiful song!
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Post by savagetactical »

I think I still would get the Revolution can even though you already have two full sized cans in 9 & 45. It's just too much flexibility to give up. Plus, you would have a can by another manufacturer which is always a good thing. You might decided you like the Revolution more and use it in both configurations over the Silencerco suppressors. Correct me If I'm wrong, but I believe you can use the Silencerco pistons and fixed adapters on the Revolution right?
JasonNC
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JasonNC »

You can use the Silencerco pistons in the Griffin Armament cans but not vice versa. The GA pistons will not work in Silencerco cans.
sqidgy789

Post by sqidgy789 »

I'd recommend the Griffin Revolution series. I've shot the Revo 9 on a CZ Scorpion and it sounded great. My next silencer purchase will be a Revo 9.