Omega on a 16" AR308

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

savagetactical
Silent Operator

Omega on a 16" AR308

Post by savagetactical »

Guys, I have a SDN-6 which does double duty on my built Mega 16" AR308 and 300 blk upper. Without the can the 308 isn't that bad to carry, but with the extra 1.5 lbs out front it probably would be a pain for an extended time and very hard to shoot offhand. Tonight I started thinking about maybe getting and Omega for the gun. I will keep the AAC 51T mount on the gun so I can maintain my ability to shoot my SDN-6 on it, so I'll probably get one of those aftermarket Omega/MAAD adapters since I already have a 51T MAAD for my Saker 762. This was the one I was planning on going with:

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/i ... uct_id=281

Questions:

-Has anybody had any experience with these aftermarket Omega/MAAD adapters? Any Issues?
-How does the Omega work on a 16" 308 semi-auto? Notice any heat or durability problems?
-I've examined an Omega up close and watched silencer shop's test video. Judging by the number of baffles in the can and the really high sound levels at the shooter's ear in that video test I imagine that the can has a lot of back pressure; Have you guys notice anything like that?
-I'd especially like to hear from somebody who has owned this can and the SDN-6. From first hand experience, how do they compare in both performance, durability, and backpressure on a similar platform?

FYI:
16" AR308 with mid-length gas system and AAC 51t muzzle brake. Has Micro-MOA Govnah adjustable gas block.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy New Years.