omega vs thunderbeast vs other options

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

king9

omega vs thunderbeast vs other options

Post by king9 »

Right now I am running a Omega on a 300 win mag.

I am doing long range shooting with it 1k plus..
It works well but am wondering what everyone else or anyone else is using for long range suppressors

requirements 1 reputability, I need a can that is repeatable.
also hearing safe which I believe most if not all will be
The last is a issue which is why I have this suppressor for now. 3/4x24 threads on my barrel this is not something I am willing to change...

I have a YHM as well but they do not offer that thread pitch in a 7.62 suppressor only in their 338.....

will the thunderbeast or any others offer me any advantage over the OMEGA.. Length and weight are not to much of a concern as my barrel is 30" and 1.25" in diameter with NO taper so its safe to say a few ounces wont change anything
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Re: omega vs thunderbeast vs other options

Post by savagetactical »

The Thunder Beast should provide better suppression and is a better made can. The Omega is a jack of all trades suppressor really best on carbines and smaller calibres than 300 Win mag. Even with the 30" barrel, that 300 mag has to put a lot of heat and pressure on that Omega. The Thunder Beast will give you more life and better service. You also can get a brake option with the Thunder Beast cans that should allow you to avoid having to rethread your barrel, and give you the option to mount the can on other rifles with different thread patterns.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Re: omega vs thunderbeast vs other options

Post by bani »

for precision rifle you want thunderbeast. period.