Transferring suppressors from me to my trust

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Captain Skippy

Transferring suppressors from me to my trust

Post by Captain Skippy »

So with all the impending hog wash I have two suppressors I purchased before I got a trust. Backwards, I know. Now I want to move the cans from me to the trust. I understand I'll use the form 4 and have to pay the $200 tax stamp again but how do I fill the form out? I guess the trust is the transferee and I'm the transferor? And I sign as both? I'm confused.
You can get a lot with a smile. But you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Re: Transferring suppressors from me to my trust

Post by jreinke »

If I'm not mistaken, as the transferor, you'll sign your signature, followed by a comma and then "Grantor and Trustee".
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

The transferee information of your individual Form 4 will go in the transferor section (3a) of the new Form 4. Trust name and address is the transferee (2a). Copy firearm information exactly as it appears on the individual Form 4. You sign section 11 as an individual (no title).
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Only you the individual, the transferor, sign it. A suppressor doesn't need to be signed by the transferee.

The transferee is the trust name and address. Do not put your name on it as trustee