OSS Suppressors at Shot Show

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

PBinWA

OSS Suppressors at Shot Show

Post by PBinWA »

Some good cut away pics of OSS Suppressors here:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... fire-test/

Thought some here might like to see them.
este
Silent But Deadly

Re: OSS Suppressors at Shot Show

Post by este »

All the marketing, all the fantastic claims.... Never heard of someone buying one from a dealer, never seen independent testing.

I'd be really really interested in independent testing!
silencer_kid
Silent But Deadly

Post by silencer_kid »

este wrote:All the marketing, all the fantastic claims.... Never heard of someone buying one from a dealer, never seen independent testing.

I'd be really really interested in independent testing!
i almost there for having the right gear for testing. vendors should be ready to bring what they got, or should stay on the sidelines to chit-chat with the water boy.

that video does tell a good story about "traditional" baffling vs the OSS design.

did you read the comments that were posted on that link in the OP? someone writes about how not even your ear is a good test for sound level. hah, bunch of BS, it is exactly your ear that matters. doesnt matter about frequency spectrum, your ear has the final say so. dbSPL diff is up some but the main freq went down, ok, probably sounds quieter and that's all that matters. so, the quantitative mic approach is ok to some extent, but a mic does is not the final say so. if item-B sounds quieter to you but on the mic is +2dbSPL louder than item-A, which one are you buying?
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

we'll see soon, just ordered one for my hk rifle because they seem to only warranty OSS or knights suppressed rifles.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Seems to me in the suppressor market, as soon as someone comes up with a better mouse trap, everyone else follows with haste. Not sure what to think of a design not worth borrowing from.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!