M&P 15-22 Integrally suppressed barrel

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

M&P 15-22 Integrally suppressed barrel

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Does anyone know of any companies making integrally suppressed barrels only for the M&P 15-22? I love my 15-22 and would love to get a hold of just the barrel that is 16" so no SBR or standard velocity ammo needed. The closest thing I have found is from innovative arms and they only sell the whole gun not just the barrel. With the popularity of this rifle I'm surprised no one has done this yet.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: M&P 15-22 Integrally suppressed barrel

Post by Bendersquint »

hyrulejedi86 wrote:Does anyone know of any companies making integrally suppressed barrels only for the M&P 15-22? I love my 15-22 and would love to get a hold of just the barrel that is 16" so no SBR or standard velocity ammo needed. The closest thing I have found is from innovative arms and they only sell the whole gun not just the barrel. With the popularity of this rifle I'm surprised no one has done this yet.
It is because of how the barrel is installed in the rifle.

Its not setup like a traditional AR in that the barrel is installed from the front, these install from the back through the upper. If there is a silencer that is permanently attached then you can not add or remove it from the upper receiver.

Thats why you don't see aftermarket integralled barrels offered for this setup.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: M&P 15-22 Integrally suppressed barrel

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I see, thank you for the clarification. That's disappointing though, I guess I'll have to wait and get a whole new 15-22 down the road. I have to get an MPX first.