getting SBR engraved.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: getting SBR engraved.

Post by Bendersquint »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:You can't give, loan, leave under the control of: a firearm to a Felon, a pistol to under 21, any firearm to a minor, under restraining order, etc. How do you know who works at the local trophy engraver?

A FFL probably will secure your reciever in a safe, or at least be a heavily secured and alarmed building.

We know people who shouldn't legaly have guns can't get a FFL.

Just seems like so much to risk over a little shipping to a safe bet.
Minors can have rifles or shotguns unaccompanied. (Obviously state laws may vary, but thats according to the Feds).

Pistols can be given to anyone 18 years old or older. Pistols can not be BOUGHT from an FFL by anyone under 21. (Obviously state laws may vary, but thats according to the Feds).
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

You are of course correct, I did a poor job of stating my concern. If there is a child that should not have access to firearms, their parents would not and a stranger should not. Perhaps taking anti-anxiety meds, depressed, disturbed, emotional, etc.

The controlling part of a firearm is the reciever. I believe many gun stores would sell an upper to just about anyone, of any age and without a background check required. I also don't have the same concerns about leaving a barrel for engraving even if on a complete upper.

Perhaps I'm getting too hypothetical, but to believe an AR lower and AR upper (barrel engraving) could both be dropped off for engraving at the same time even if by different people, is not beyond reason to me.

I just think there are less protections and more liability with the local trophy engraver, the one my company uses for plaques is full of teenagers.

My point was really do you know who you are giving access to?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Post by mr fixit »

stengun wrote:Howdy,

If you live in the D/FW area, or want to ship to them there a place in Rockwall ( east side of metro area) that will do it while you wait. They even stay open until 8pm a couple of nights a week.

I don't recall their name, only have it listed as SBR engraving in my iPhone but their phone number is:

(469) 464-5500

When I SBR my 300 Blackout pistol that's who I will use.

Paul

Ident Marking http://identmarking.com/
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I have used this place and am happy with their service. Last time I think it was something like $45.00 including shipping. http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/i ... uct_id=232
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

hardcase wrote:I have used this place and am happy with their service. Last time I think it was something like $45.00 including shipping. http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/i ... uct_id=232
I just used them for two recievers. Great job and back in the mail same day.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
JoeLiberty

Post by JoeLiberty »

Tony M. wrote:
JoeLiberty wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
It is illegal to leave a firearm at a shop that does not have an FFL. It is considered a transfer, and also throws the shop into the wind and can get them charged as acting like a gunsmith without a license.
Wait, really? Is that based on local laws? As stated before, without the barrel attached, it is not an SBR. It's just a firearm, right?
It seems like if one could legally sell that firearm to another state resident, then one could also loan it out or otherwise 'transfer' it to just about anyone (that is not known to you to be a prohibited person). What makes that illegal?
No expert, just asking.
A more accurate statement would be that it is potentially illegal for a non-licensed business or person to perform gunsmithing services and take customer firearms. The end user hasn't broken the law, but the business *MAY* have.
Ah. Seems it is illegal. Thanks, ATF.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/license ... g-firearms