Liberty Mystic vs Spectre 2

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Liver
Silent But Deadly

Liberty Mystic vs Spectre 2

Post by Liver »

With 41p looming I'm thinking about getting a 22 can. Right now I have an ANCIENT 22 can. I really haven't thought about getting a 22 can since it's so nice with a trust. With that getting harder, I'm thinking about getting a dedicated 22 can.

Mind you, I don't need it. :D

How much better is a Spectre 2 than a Mystic (not x)? Would be for semi and full auto (mainly semi) in 22 LR.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Liberty Mystic vs Spectre 2

Post by quiettime »

I have he Warlock II which is basically the Spectre II in aluminum. It's really good. On my bolt gun it's quieter than a pellet gun. Pistol there's a tiny amount of FRP but still very quiet.

I just ordered a Mask HD. Really think it's the next generation of can.

I can say you will be happy with a Spectre II but you should definitely check he YouTube reviews on the Mask.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

quiettime wrote:I have he Warlock II which is basically the Spectre II in aluminum. It's really good. On my bolt gun it's quieter than a pellet gun. Pistol there's a tiny amount of FRP but still very quiet.

I just ordered a Mask HD. Really think it's the next generation of can.

I can say you will be happy with a Spectre II but you should definitely check he YouTube reviews on the Mask.
I initially dismissed the Dead Air as it has aluminum baffles. I was mixed up between their 22 and 45 can (45 has the aluminum). The Mask is stainless steel. I made a phone call and a local dealer had one in stock so I bought it over the phone.

Done.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Haha sweet. 8)
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

i have several 22 cans , spectre2 is built like a tank , but im also waiting on my mask 22. the quietest 22 i have is the liberty regulator . if i had to keep just one 22 can it would be the regulator . and its monocore and stupid quiet

you did good with mask . :mrgreen:
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

ericdraven wrote:i have several 22 cans , spectre2 is built like a tank , but im also waiting on my mask 22. the quietest 22 i have is the liberty regulator . if i had to keep just one 22 can it would be the regulator . and its monocore and stupid quiet

you did good with mask . :mrgreen:
Thanks. Made a phone call and got lucky.

I have an SWR suppressor in 9mm. When they let you pick out your own serial number ..... My 22 can is from the same era.