nc silencer

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

nc silencer

Post by ericdraven »

sucks just got the email nc silencer is closing up shop after many years. they were the first here in nc , i bought most of mine thru them and they set up my trust for free few years ago. .

just plain sucks . everyone who has a form out will get their nfa items . last day to order is march 8th monday.

reasoning was with all new crap ,the atf bs and spending to much time away from families and i expect they been real busy the last year . they always did me right .

eric thanks for all the great support . :cry: :cry:
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: nc silencer

Post by quiettime »

ericdraven wrote:sucks just got the email nc silencer is closing up shop after many years...reasoning was with all new crap ,the atf bs ...
Feds at work...sorry to hear
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Darn... who's gonna supply hickok45 with cool toys now..
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

March 8 is Tuesday in 2016.
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

I don't buy the reason as being the "new ATF crap". Family reasons ok, but don't blame the new rules, they are not a big deal.

Not a big loss unless you live in NC since they stopped serving out of state customers awhile ago. That was the writing on the wall. Who does that? If they were that damn busy then hire people. It's obvious they weren't that serious about the business. And places like silencershop are probably eating their lunch.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

Thanks to all of you for bearing with us during one of the busiest times we’ve ever seen here at NC SILENCER. Since the POTUS went on television nearly two months ago, and announced that he was making up more new gun laws, things have been… to put it mildly – EXTREMELY BUSY! We have been receiving hundreds of e-mails and tons of phone calls, every single day for the last several weeks. Please know that if you sent us an e-mail or you left us a voicemail, and you haven’t heard back from us yet, it’s not because we are ignoring you. We are responding to everyone as fast as we can.

As we reported in our January newsletter, the President and the ATF have seen fit to re-write the rulebook on silencer ownership yet again, and create a higher series of hurdles between you and the NFA items that you may wish to purchase. While the actual rules and their implications were unknown to us until January, and while some of the specifics of how the new rules will be implemented are still unknown, what we have known and reported to you guys since late 2013 was that something was going to certainly change. So like most of you, we’ve been preparing for change to come to our industry for years now.

After the news broke about what these new rules changes were going to be, we had a “meeting of the minds” to try and find a path forward to deal with these rules. We have spoken to manufactures and other large dealers across the country, we’ve talked to a few lawyers and we have spoken to the ATF. In the end, we have identified a few solutions that would allow us to run our business in much the same way that we always have. As a matter of fact, we think that we have figured out how to meet the new requirements, while at the same time making it as convenient for our customers to buy NFA items as it has always been.

But after getting our minds wrapped around what will be necessary after these new rules take effect, we have decided that it’s something that we simply don’t want to deal with. Over the last several years, our business has grown to the point that NC SILENCER is now the largest silencer dealer in the state of North Carolina – and has been for several years. This is great for all of the reasons that you would assume, but the one downside to this growth is the fact that we have been working almost non-stop since the middle of 2012. Doing all of the work necessary to make NC SILENCER successful on such a large scale simply takes an incredible amount of time. For quite a while now, we have barely had time to sleep, not to mention spend quality time with our families and friends. We’ve worked more 18-hour days in the last few years than I care to admit. And many of you have been a witness to this, because you’ve probably gotten an e-mail from us at 2:00AM in the morning, or a phone call at 9:00PM at night.

So with the impending rule changes to the paperwork required to apply for ownership of a silencer coming in July, and the fact that this additional paperwork will only serve to make a hard job even harder, we have decided that now is the time for us to stop. So, we will not be accepting any new orders AFTER March 9, 2016 – which is exactly one week from today.
Please know that this is not a decision that we have made lightly, nor is it a decision that we have come to suddenly. The changing environment in the firearms sales arena, the current political climate, and the never-ending rule changes from ATF have solidified our resolve. We feel that now is the appropriate time to start winding things down.

So I’ll stop right here to answer the question that I know some of you may be thinking; What does this mean for you if you have recently bought a silencer or gun from NC SILENCER, but have not been approved by ATF to receive it yet? The answer to your question is:NOTHING.

Nothing is going to change for you if you are a current customer and you’re in line right now to receive a suppressor or gun. Even if you bought your item this morning, and even if you buy a silencer tomorrow, the entire process is still going to be the same for you. The doors are open until the end of the day on March 9, 2016. Again, if you have made a purchase from us, but have not taken delivery yet, you will still get your silencer, and you will still pick it up from us at our office in Durham, NC as originally planned. NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR YOU. We intend to devote all of our time toward getting current customers’ transfers completed, honoring our existing contracts, and seeing every transaction through until the very last one is done. Once more, I want to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR: If you are in the pipeline with us right now, NOTHING is going to change for you. So please don’t panic. No need to email or call us just to ask, “Will I still get my silencer?” or any other similar question – because the answer is going to be... YES! We are still here and will remain active in fulfilling ALL customers orders until every last one of you takes delivery of your silencer or gun. We've never had a customer fail to take possession of their silencer, and we aren't going to break our winning streak now. The important thing to note is that we will not take any new orders after March 9, 2016. For all of our current customers with items in the pipeline, we will still be here to answer your technical questions, customer service questions, and complete your transfer when the time comes. Again, we are fully committed to making sure that each of you enjoys the easy silencer buying experience that we have provided to all of our customers over the years.
I know that there are many of you – especially you long-time customers who were there with us from the beginning – who may be saddened and perhaps even a bit upset by this news. And you know what?... we understand. The benefits of running this business have been numerous, especially the great relationships that we have developed with many of you and the friendships that we have created inside and outside of the industry. However the temptation to move in a new direction is too strong to ignore. The bottom line is that we have considered the pros and cons, and we feel like we’re making the best decision for ourselves and for our families.

One of the reasons that I think NC SILENCER has been so successful is the fact that we have always been able to see further down the road than our competition. Remember, we were selling silencers entirely online before anybody else in NC, and before most of the other dealers in the country. We were one of the first to abandon the brick and mortar business model, and move our entire business online. We also were one of the first to streamline the process for the customer, by moving some of the paperwork and order processing functions online as well. Fast forward several years and now all or at least some part of these ideas have been imitated or outright copied by other dealers, both large and small. And even though now some of these ideas aren’t new anymore, I personally take great pride in being able to say that we were there first.

Don’t get me wrong, along the way there have been challenges. We have strived to make each customer’s experience with us seamless and easy, but I know that we have missed the mark from once or twice. After all, we’re human beings, not robots, and like anyone else who has ever run a business, we have made a few mistakes along the way. However, I also know that there are thousands and thousands of you who can say that when you worked with NC SILENCER, your transaction went smoothly. And I’m very grateful that we have had the opportunity to help so many people.
Since 2009, we have enjoyed double-digit growth year-after-year. I'm smart enough to know that this has had very little to do with us, and much more to do with the support that we have gotten from all of you. We have had GREAT customers. Your ongoing support, well wishes, praises, and words of encouragement never went unnoticed and were always MOST appreciated. I can’t fully describe to you what an awesome ride it has been. You guys have given us the opportunity to live the American dream – allowed us to use a few good ideas and a lot of passion, to build a future for our families and ourselves. And most importantly, you have given us memories and taught us lessons that will stand the test of time. You simply have no idea how much we appreciate you all. There just aren’t words enough to adequately describe our gratitude for your loyalty and friendships.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed the ride as much as we have. Stay safe, keep up the good fight, and thanks for the memories.

PS: Don’t jump the gun and unsubscribe from our “News You Can Use” newsletter just yet. I plan to continue to send out this monthly newsletter, to bring you news regarding the rule changes and their impact on the buying process, wait times, etc..along with other things that you might find interesting or useful. We would also love the opportunity to keep you guys apprised of our continued involvement in promoting and strengthening our 2nd amendment rights.

Thanks again, and take care.
Sincerely,
Eric Morton, Manager
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

That letter is.... :roll:

When I moved to NC they told me that bringing my NFA into the state is considered importation and all my items would need to be transferred to a dealer then transferred via taxed form once I have a home here. They said they would only charge me $100 per item to do the paperwork. At that point I wrote them off, years later I have found more NC residents that were told the something similar.
ericdraven
Silent But Deadly

Post by ericdraven »

that might be true , but i know alot of people that have been happy with them over the years , as hicok 45 has been .
but there are now billions of places to get nfa stuff . so its not a great biggie . but like i said they did me right on suppressors and even price matched anyone ,