--

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

0101silent
Silent But Deadly

--

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Sig Sauer MPX For Sale with 9.5" Permanent Muzzle Brake

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

Odd, I was under the impression they weren't allowed to bring those to market. I'm almost wondering if that's not the MPX carbine and someone got the description wrong or updated the wrong SKU.... interesting.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I bet it's the wrong picture, or a very, very old advertisement that accidentally got recycled. Sig didn't mass produce those, so it isn't like Sig has a ton of them laying around and decided to sell them, or that Sig had already shipped them to retailers before the ATF decision got sorted out.

If you pay money, you'll either NOT get that.... or your credit card won't ever be charged.

Let me be more blunt: You can't buy that.

---- ETA -----

If you hit CTRL + ALT + Print Screen (three buttons), and then open Paint and hit CTRL + V, you can take a screen shot, and then save that picture as whatever title you prefer.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadesFox

Post by ShadesFox »

I've seen a carbine length mpx in a different shop. It had a 16 inch barrel, not the huge break. I'm willing to bet that some Gander website goon flubbed the Web page and used the wrong picture and description.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

0101silent wrote:I'm not in the market for a Sig MPX and I'm not going to attempt to place an order but here's the link again.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... IYWpCQnaV7
I believe you when you say that link takes you to that picture. What I'm saying is that the order will not be filled, or that it will be filled with a different product. What you see in that picture? You cannot buy it. And on the outside chance that you can buy it, you cannot buy it from Gander Mountain, because that model wasn't made in quantity or shipped to retailers.

You can not buy that.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

This fkn forum... I tell you.

I'm not upset. I haven't been upset. But now, according to you, I'm upset. And you're trying to make a case for this using other quasi-legal examples, because... ? You're holding out the idea that I'm wrong and this thing can be purchased from that link at Gander Mountain?

Yeah, ok. Go buy it.
1rflman

Post by 1rflman »

TROOPER wrote:
0101silent wrote:I'm not in the market for a Sig MPX and I'm not going to attempt to place an order but here's the link again.
I believe you when you say that link takes you to that picture. What I'm saying is that the order will not be filled, or that it will be filled with a different product. What you see in that picture? You cannot buy it. And on the outside chance that you can buy it, you cannot buy it from Gander Mountain, because that model wasn't made in quantity or shipped to retailers.

You can not buy that.
Or stated differently, the ATF ruled that the "break" was a silencer according to the Technical Branch determination. Sig notified all distributors who may have ordered/received that model MPX and recalled them. To my knowledge, that model is unavailable for retail purchase at this time.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Picture and description match, but hard to truly verify since they don't list the official Sig part #. Unless someone calls.
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

1rflman wrote:
TROOPER wrote:

You can not buy that.
Or stated differently, the ATF ruled that the "break" was a silencer according to the Technical Branch determination. Sig notified all distributors who may have ordered/received that model MPX and recalled them. To my knowledge, that model is unavailable for retail purchase at this time.
I always wondered what happened to this version of the mpx it was the only one I was interested in. though certainly not for 2199.00 though even if it was out there.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

jimbo45 wrote: I always wondered what happened to this version of the mpx it was the only one I was interested in. though certainly not for 2199.00 though even if it was out there.
The ATF said that's a silencer, not a muzzle-brake. Gander Mountain isn't a Class III dealer, and they're not going to sell a silencer. That guy can't get over the fact that the link says it's for sale. He's pretty sure that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about since I'm a random dude on the internet. Meanwhile, the Gander Mountain website was put together by.... wait for it... a "random-dude-on-the-internet". So what if he's paid money to do it? He fk'ed up.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I called one of the purchasers I know at Gander Mountain and he said they placed an order for them quite awhile back but after the ATF ruling as a silencer they cancelled the order.

The picture is incorrect as that item doesn't even exist at SIG.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

What I don't get is why doesn't sig just sell it as an NFA item and do it that way? Sig does sell NFA items so just sell it from the get go as a permanently attached suppressor and let people fill a form 4 for it. I would go for it and it should only be a 1 stamp gun then too correct since it's a permanently attached 16" barrel?
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

0101silent wrote:I don't see why Sig Sauer doesn't just sell a complete Integrally Suppressed Rifle.
I'll go you one better: the barrel-+-baffle-stack is one unit, the whole of which is simply considered a silencer by our current law. Considering that one the MPX's key selling points is its modularity - to include easy caliber swaps - then there is no reason that Sig couldn't simply sell just the barrel-silencer assembly as a silencer... especially since they already sell just silencers. Then it would be on the customer to buy any ordinary MPX, and then remove its barrel and install this integrally suppressed barrel. It wouldn't even require leaving the gun somewhere during the waiting period.

And yes, as the owner of an MPX, I can tell you that the barrel is quick and easy to swap.

Bonus, since the barrel-&-silencer combo is already a certain length... then existing rifles don't even need an SBR to wear the barrel. I don't think pistols would need any paperwork to add a buttstock if the barrel is at least 18 inches.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

TROOPER wrote:
Bonus, since the barrel-&-silencer combo is already a certain length... then existing rifles don't even need an SBR to wear the barrel. I don't think pistols would need any paperwork to add a buttstock if the barrel is at least 18 inches.
Correct (except it's 16"). A pistol can be legally converted to a rifle, as long as you don't install the stock before the barrel! (Can also legally be returned to pistol as long as you take the stock off first; that's how the Contender pistols can be converted back and forth)
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

quiettime wrote:
TROOPER wrote:
Correct (except it's 16"). A pistol can be legally converted to a rifle, as long as you don't install the stock before the barrel! (Can also legally be returned to pistol as long as you take the stock off first; that's how the Contender pistols can be converted back and forth)
Thank you for correcting that.

I'd certainly pony up for an MPX barrel/suppressor.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

TROOPER wrote: I'd certainly pony up for an MPX barrel/suppressor.
LOL you gonna shoot yours first? :lol:
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

quiettime wrote:
TROOPER wrote: I'd certainly pony up for an MPX barrel/suppressor.
LOL you gonna shoot yours first? :lol:
I've shot it with the AAC Evo-9. I like it.
I'll be shooting this one (ETA - Thompson Machine SG-2) on Wednesday, March 16th.

I'd still buy this other one... well... price-dependent... because the entire unit would be more rigid. I value that highly.

But yes, I've got a shooting situation lined up for Wednesday. I'm hoping the suppression and blow-back are both very favorable.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

0101silent wrote:For information and entertainment purposes only...
The Sig Sauer MPX with 9.5" Permanent Muzzle Brake is still For Sale and In Stock at Gander Mountain.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... YWpCQnaV7A

Could someone please do a screenshot to verify?
JoeLiberty

Post by JoeLiberty »

0101silent wrote: I hope that the ATF and courts don't use the Muzzle Brake is a silencer part as a precedent to call all Muzzle Brake attachments silencer parts.
Many people use a muzzle brake mount as sacrificial blast baffle.
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH! They can HEAR you.
Wicked
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wicked »

https://www.facebook.com/wickedweapons