3-lug blast redirector for under handguard

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

3-lug blast redirector for under handguard

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I've got an AR pistol (SBR soon) with TROS 3-lug and long handguard that I want to shoot without a suppressor attached at times - like while it's in jail. I've got a GA 3-lug adapter sitting around and was wondering if anyone made a simple screw on tube that would engage the spring so the mechanism worked and direct the muzzle blast past my hand and handguard.

I've found some fairly pricy fakes, but most of them still are not a push and twist that would work well under a handguard. I just want a tube which I think should be fairly cheap to use with my own adapter.

Is there anything out there?
Any legal reasons it's a non-starter?
Anyone else intrested in a group buy if we can find a volunteer with cnc to do it?

Should the same tube work for others like Silencerco as well?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Re: 3-lug blast redirector for under handguard

Post by Liver »

I don't think there is going to be a good solution that is inexpensive. Once the can clears NFA prison there really isn't a reason to keep the part you are looking for.

What I recommend. Buy an inexpensive (used) rail and do a rail swap.

What I would do. Shoot my other guns and just wait.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a Revo 45 I can put the 3-lug on in a few weeks, blast shield was partialy just so I could run a timer and have it pick up the shots.

Not sure the rail makes sense for me, but I appreciate the option!
Ten8DoWork

Post by Ten8DoWork »

Simplistic Shooting Solutions makes some blast shields for YHM and AAC muzzle devices. They would probably make one for your platform if there is enough interest.

Edit: And they take pride in simple, high quality, and relatively cheap alternatives to the big name brands. The above adapters are like $70 bucks.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Ten8DoWork wrote:Simplistic Shooting Solutions makes some blast shields for YHM and AAC muzzle devices. They would probably make one for your platform if there is enough interest.

Edit: And they take pride in simple, high quality, and relatively cheap alternatives to the big name brands. The above adapters are like $70 bucks.
Thanks