Thunderbeast Ultra 9

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

HOT RAM

Thunderbeast Ultra 9

Post by HOT RAM »

Anyone here have one the new Ultra 9's ?

If so,I would like to hear about it.

Planning to put one ona .300BLK

Yes,I know there are many much cheaper and ALMOST as quiet...and I could care less.

All I want is first hand accounts of the Thunderbeast Ultra 9.
Luv2Shoot

Re: Thunderbeast Ultra 9

Post by Luv2Shoot »

Can help with an Ultra 7 but not an Ultra 9. For a 300BLK why an Ultra 9 (since you really gain nothing by using the 2" longer suppressor)?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

A friend of mine just picked up his Ultra 7.
It's sweet.
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

Luv2Shoot wrote:Can help with an Ultra 7 but not an Ultra 9. For a 300BLK why an Ultra 9 (since you really gain nothing by using the 2" longer suppressor)?

Can't hurt anything to have more volume...and the extra 2" don't bother me.

Absolute #1 priority is maximum quiet.

Tell me more about your Ultra 7 ,please.
Ironman337

Post by Ironman337 »

HOT RAM wrote:Anyone here have one the new Ultra 9's ?

Yes,I know there are many much cheaper and ALMOST as quiet...and I could care less.

I have a ultra 9 and it's very quiet and very accurate. Repeats dead on every time. It stays on a GA Precision .260 bolt gun but have tried it on 300 blk AR, .308 AR, and 300 win mag. Has lots of blowback on all ARs without adjustable gas block. But I would highly recommend buying one.
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

Ironman337 wrote:
HOT RAM wrote:Anyone here have one the new Ultra 9's ?

I have a ultra 9 and it's very quiet and very accurate. Repeats dead on every time. It stays on a GA Precision .260 bolt gun but have tried it on 300 blk AR, .308 AR, and 300 win mag. Has lots of blowback on all ARs without adjustable gas block. But I would highly recommend buying one.

Thanks !!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

HOT RAM wrote:
Luv2Shoot wrote:Can help with an Ultra 7 but not an Ultra 9. For a 300BLK why an Ultra 9 (since you really gain nothing by using the 2" longer suppressor)?

I love your name and location! No wonder why you need absolute quiet and price isn't a bother.

(FWIW, an extra 2" rarely upsets many people. Size helps me mask lack of technique. :lol: )

Welcome to the Board. I look forward to joking w you in the Future. We share a common enjoyment of satire and sarcasm. :)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
HOT RAM wrote:

I love your name and location! No wonder why you need absolute quiet and price isn't a bother.

(FWIW, an extra 2" rarely upsets many people. Size helps me mask lack of technique. :lol: )

Welcome to the Board. I look forward to joking w you in the Future. We share a common enjoyment of satire and sarcasm. :)

:lol:
You sound like the kind of person I could get along with very well.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I've got the Ultra 7 and it lives on my 12.5" 6.8. Have tried it on my 9.5" 300BLK and it is quieter than running a Mystic 9mm can on it, but still louder than my Liberty Leonidas integral 300BLK. If price is not an option, I'd take a look at the Liberty Leonidas Ti integral upper. HUGE volume.
savagetactical
Silent Operator

Post by savagetactical »

Is this can going on a bolt gun or semi-auto? I'd personally not put an all titanium can on a semi-auto because titanium can't take the rapid heat build up that a semi-auto can produce. Plus, there is so much noise coming out of the ejection port of a semi-auto that you probably couldn't tell the difference between it and a dozen other suppressors.
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

savagetactical wrote:Is this can going on a bolt gun or semi-auto? I'd personally not put an all titanium can on a semi-auto because titanium can't take the rapid heat build up that a semi-auto can produce. Plus, there is so much noise coming out of the ejection port of a semi-auto that you probably couldn't tell the difference between it and a dozen other suppressors.
Primarily to be used on a 16" barrel .300BLK...which ,by the way, has this nifty little adjustable gas block ;)

I will not be doing enough shooting for heat to be a problem,unless it is a SHTF scenario and then who cares if the can is ruined ?

I DO have other rifles,bolt,semi-auto,and single shot that it may be used on,and I am certain i CAN tell a difference on those.Do I NEED one this expensive ? Not really,the SpecWar would do just as well, but it is heavier.Do we NEED 200+ mph cars ? No,but it sure is fun to have them !
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Before i went with the Ultra 7, I e-mailed back and forth with TBAC. Mine was intended to live on a 12.5" 6.8, and they rated it down to a 10" 6.8 I think (supersonic). I do run an adjustable GB, and it is needed. I've got an AR Gas Vent on two of my other suppressed ARs and have one on order for the 16" 6.8 upper that gets some use with the Ultra 7. TBAC said that I'd have no problem running a 25 round clip of full power 6.8 through the Ultra 7 as fast as I could yank the trigger, but said that it would need to cool down after that. I was building a NV hunting rig and wanted light more than extreme duty/ AKA could frame a house with it. The 12.5 upper that it spends 90% of its time on is a Mega side charger, so no gas vent on it.
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

ncorry wrote:Before i went with the Ultra 7, I e-mailed back and forth with TBAC. Mine was intended to live on a 12.5" 6.8, and they rated it down to a 10" 6.8 I think (supersonic). I do run an adjustable GB, and it is needed. I've got an AR Gas Vent on two of my other suppressed ARs and have one on order for the 16" 6.8 upper that gets some use with the Ultra 7. TBAC said that I'd have no problem running a 25 round clip of full power 6.8 through the Ultra 7 as fast as I could yank the trigger, but said that it would need to cool down after that. I was building a NV hunting rig and wanted light more than extreme duty/ AKA could frame a house with it. The 12.5 upper that it spends 90% of its time on is a Mega side charger, so no gas vent on it.

Thanks for the info !
I am currently emailing back and forth with them about a few things also.
I did not know about the gas vent,but I will definitely be getting one to test.THANKS !!!